Author Topic: daubenton kale want  (Read 2651 times)

woodypecks

• Hectare
    • Daisy in the Garden
daubenton kale want
« on: February 15, 2017, 16:18:15 »
Can anyone tell me where I can buy a cutting rooted or not of Daubenton kale  ? 
    I would also like to have a small piece of  the variegated version Daubenton kale known as "Panache " .
   Every place I,ve tried is out of stock .  :coffee2: Any info gratefully received   :wave: Debbie
Trespassers will be composted !

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: daubenton kale want
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 16:25:05 »
i lost mine in a flood last year when I was ill, or I'd have taken cuttings quick. The swap page might be the place to ask.

woodypecks

• Hectare
    • Daisy in the Garden
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 17:00:51 »
Hope you are feeling better Robert , I,m also just picking up after big op , trying to get excited about my veg garden again . I quite fancy trying something new .
 If I get some I will be in touch and let you have a bit when it is big enough . Debbie  :coffee2:

penedesenca

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 06:22:15 »
you might just want to translate the page but I got mine from here four years ago http://www.aromatiques.fr/69-chou-et-kale . Unfortunately I can't offer as I scrapped mine in favour of Taunton Deane last month. I received lovely healthy plants really quickly, better than most of the English suppliers.

woodypecks

• Hectare
    • Daisy in the Garden
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 09:30:32 »
Thanyou Penedesenca .....it looks a great website  and my computer magically translated it all for me :) ..but the postage makes it just too much for me to afford sadly . Is the Taunton Dene kale a perennial and would that be easier to get hold of ?

Badstripe

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 20:36:41 »
I could take some cutting off mine and send them through the post if your happy to root them yourself. Pm me

penedesenca

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 06:17:59 »
Taunton Deane is also a perennial kale. I got mine from Knightshayes Hall, Tiverton from the head gardener for a donation. If you still want some next year give me a nudge as mine will have grown up.

woodypecks

• Hectare
    • Daisy in the Garden
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 10:28:42 »
Thankyou Badstripe and Penedesenca  I have PM'd you both . I will have some hard to get squash seeds hopefully at the end of this year if you are interested ?

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 21:06:48 »
I'd be very glad of it, Badstripe. I'm used to rooting my own, so that's no worry.

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 21:38:50 »
Just seen this.  I have some ordinary plain daubentons if thats any good.  Can go and takes some cuttings next weekend weather permitting.

woodypecks

• Hectare
    • Daisy in the Garden
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 21:22:02 »
Hi Lottie Lou ,Thankyou ever so much for your kind offer but I,ve been very lucky and been sent a generous rooted piece of this useful perennial kale...but I,ve been told that it is a very good idea to take cuttings . I love the idea of growing perennial vegetables .  :angel11: Debbie

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 18:18:56 »
Deer have been gnawing mine.  I might be able to root a cutting.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal