Author Topic: Life is Unfair  (Read 3175 times)

Yorkshire Lass

• Acre
Life is Unfair
« on: February 08, 2017, 12:35:27 »
My dear OH had  a stroke on Friday which has affected him down the right side.  He doesn't smoke, only has the occasional drink and isn't overweight and yet these things still happen.  He loves to give historical talks and  to talk in general and tell stories and jokes and I cannot understand a word he is trying to say. Lets hope it improves with time.
I don't know what's going to happen with our vegetable garden now as he did all that and I did the flowers.
Looking for some improvement when I visit today.

gazza1960

• Hectare
Re: Life is Unfair
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 13:00:35 »
chin up Yorkshire lass,imsure your OH is made of tuff stuff and after a bit of therapy no doubt he will return to the garden you and he luv plus the talking issue is about us focusing on how somebody put their speech across regardless of the temporary issue.
when I volunteered in the Diabetic ward before moving here to Dorset I regularly saw patients who has suffered strokes and over a few weeks once the shock had toned down its amazing how the body comes to terms with things that happen and I was soon listening and understanding what the folks were telling about how they were getting treated etc.......

so give it time and I hope the recovery is gradual ......oh and sending you a hug.

best wishes

Gazza

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 15:28:44 »
Hugs here too Y Lass.   He should improve with time and treatment and then his garden will be good therapy too.
Obxx - Vendée France

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 18:23:42 »
im sure with time and treatment the oh will improve and before you know it youll both be back in the garden tending your crops if ever you need a chat ill always have time and im sure so will others hope all goes well in next few weeks
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

peanuts

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 18:49:51 »
How good that you can say here just how you feel, and clearly you are worried about your OH, your life, and your veg gardening.  You'll get lots of encouragement here, and in the hospital, and from your friends.  But any time you need to say how rotten you are feeling, go on, this is the place to do it.  And it might help you feel better, having  put it all down.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 21:18:29 »
Hope things are improving.  Thinking of you.

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 22:09:02 »
You must have had a shock and a stressful old week so far, sending hugs and hopes for a great recovery. Just one foot in front of the other starts the journey. Breathe. X sunloving

woodypecks

• Hectare
    • Daisy in the Garden
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 23:18:18 »
Thinking of you both Yorkshire Lass , and sending you a hug too ...  Debbie x
Trespassers will be composted !

squeezyjohn

• Hectare
  • Oxfordshire - Sandy loam on top of clay
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 23:58:08 »
I'm really sorry to hear that Yorkshire Lass ... just bear in mind that the human brain is capable of some of the most remarkable recoveries, you may not see immediate improvement, but the potential is always there ... if you can be there and encourage your OH to fight and work around the problems then you may both surprise yourselves.  And grow what little you can in the meantime ... a gift of something fresh from the garden is always a wonderfully inspiring thing!

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 08:06:34 »
What a dreadful shock for you Yorkshire Lass  and for your DH.  It is not easy having to come to terms with something like this.  It may or may not be life changing in the long run, but your life is turned upside down because of it.  And we hope and wish for the best for him.  As others have said, trust in the body's amazing capacity for recovery.  Do what you can to ensure that he gets all the medical help to adapt.  It is so sad to see a person as awesome as your DH struggle. 

Wish you a lot of strength at this time and for your DH the very best recovery.      :angel11:

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 10:47:29 »
I am sorry to hear about your husband, Yorkshire Lass and hope he recovers soon.  Sending love and hugs your way.  x   {{{{hugs}}}}

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 11:49:30 »
Sorry to hear this. Hope he improves with time.
Gardening is the great leveller.

Pescador

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2017, 14:52:49 »
Yorkshire Lass, you are quite right, Life is Unfair, and can turn round and bite you in the bum with no warning.
However our Doctors and health service are bloody good, despite what you hear, and I'm sure OH is getting excellent treatment. It may take time, but I'm sure OH will be fighting fit again as soon as his body has had enough healing time.
One very important thing to remember..... make sure you look after yourself. It's always the patient who gets all the attention and rarely the spouse! So get help when you need it from wherever you can.
Try and keep your pecker up.
 Hugs and best wishes to you both.
Like us on Facebook. Paul's Preserves and Pickles.
Miskin, Pontyclun. S. Wales.
Every pickle helps!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal