Author Topic: Almost like spring!  (Read 2304 times)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Almost like spring!
« on: February 04, 2017, 17:03:45 »
Lovely sunny day here in Tadcaster .Probably shouldn't have been walking on the grass or digging wet soil(actually not as wet as I'd expected) but I just had to get outside! Shame it's not the real thing yet, but it did make me feel better!

cudsey

• Half Acre
Re: Almost like spring!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 17:14:35 »
Been beautiful here in Barnsley as well,  I just wish my allotment would dry out a bit its just too wet to dig but hopefully it wont take long but its days like this when you feel you need to be outside doing something
Barnsley S Yorks

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 18:46:08 »
Did you walk/drive over the new bridge Caroline?  I was pleased to hear on the news that finally they mended it.

Yes here also a nice afternoon and got a few jobs done in the garden.  The daffodils have started growing too.  Let's hope for more of this benign weather, don't really want a foot of snow now ............  :wave:

Plot 18

• Acre
  • Plot in Mid-Kent
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 19:42:01 »
Mean while - here in the SE, apart from about an hour of brightness between 3 and 4pm it's been grey and damp :(

So, I brought compost indoors, sorted out modules and seeds trays ready for some early sowings tomorrow.

The forecast from mid-week is for another bout of cold weather, so best not to get too busy sowing just yet!

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 20:17:40 »
Did you walk/drive over the new bridge Caroline?  I was pleased to hear on the news that finally they mended it.

We went down for the opening but as the "parade" came from the other side we couldn't really get across! Daughter and hubby have both driven over today.

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 16:24:55 »
Isn't it lovely to be out in the sun, I've been catching up on all the back end jobs that never got done! Lovely, the dogs had a great day chasing around and digging up the paths!!

I'm glad it's not spring so that I can clear faster than the weeds can grow!

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 16:50:02 »
here on the sunshine coast well it has not  sunshine i mean its been so foggy here today at one point i could hardly see halfway down the plot so in true allotment style i washed all my  pots with jays fluid  and plugged in the propergator will start my chillis and peppers off tomorrow
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal