Author Topic: who buys 3 at a time?  (Read 2090 times)

ACE

• Hectare
who buys 3 at a time?
« on: February 03, 2017, 10:27:53 »
I see the supermarkets are trying to panic people into buying 3 lettuce each as there is a so called shortage, don't people realise these Spanish lettuces only last couple of days and you would have to be a big lettuce eating family to get through one a day. A small pot on the window sill and some salad leaf seeds will see you through, without resorting to hysteric  buying. Who are they conning or has the false news moved on to veggies now.

lezelle

• Acre
Re: who buys 3 at a time?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 11:27:54 »
Hi Ya, We have been talking about this and I reckon they have a glut and to get people to buy say there is a shortage. Funny how it is iceberg lettuce, what about loose leaf and little gem? I agree a few seeds on the window sill and away you go. I prefer little gem and loose leaf to iceberg anyway. I did notice at sainsbury's last Sunday that there was no salad stuff but put that down to being pay day on the saturday every one stocking up. Still we shall see. Happy munching

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 11:30:45 »
I buy boxes of kitten food 3 at a time and Jumbones 6 at a time for the hounds, rarely on special offer unfortunately.  Other than that it tends to be bags of compost or plants for the garden.
Obxx - Vendée France

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 12:11:56 »
Round here it is the Cafe owners who buy lots of perishable vegetables like Lettuce. The Supermarkets are cheaper than the wholesalers.
Gardening is the great leveller.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 12:51:48 »
i buy cases of beer 3 at a time because  i cant carry 4
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal