General > Computers / Internet

Registration problems?

(1/4) > >>

squeezyjohn:
Hi there, 

I have a friend who has had an error message attempting to register for this forum.  Does anyone know what might be up?  Is there any advice I can give her?

Thanks

John

galina:
In the last few days I had to fill in my username and password on 3 separate occasions (including the usual business of not remembering my password and having to retrieve it by getting it sent to my email address).  Not sure why this was, but it seems that there have been a few hiccups with this forum my end as well.  :wave:

BarriedaleNick:

--- Quote from: squeezyjohn on January 30, 2017, 11:37:35 ---I have a friend who has had an error message attempting to register for this forum.  Does anyone know what might be up?  Is there any advice I can give her?
John

--- End quote ---

It would be useful to know what the error message is - if you have it? It could be a message from the site or just a browser error message.  Was it repeated - did she try again??

--- Quote from: galina on January 30, 2017, 13:21:59 ---In the last few days I had to fill in my username and password on 3 separate occasions (including the usual business of not remembering my password and having to retrieve it by getting it sent to my email address).  Not sure why this was, but it seems that there have been a few hiccups with this forum my end as well.  :wave:

--- End quote ---

The autologin feature has been working fine and no other reports of it failing.  Often this is down to the end users PC\browser and how it treats and stores cookies but always good to know if users are having issues of any sort.

galina:
Thanks for the explanation Nick :wave:

squeezyjohn:
Thanks Nick - I think it's a CAPCHA verification problem ... her error message was 'the letters you typed don't match the letters that were shown in the picture' ... some of these can be so hard to decipher that even genuine people have a problem!  She has tried it 3 times on 2 different browsers.  My guess is that it's on a very difficult setting and she can't decipher the letters she's being asked to enter ... it's so secure even genuine people can't get through.

Is there some way someone with admin access could add her manually by sending an email?  I had this problem on a board I moderate and that was sometimes the easiest way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version