Author Topic: here we go again  (Read 10360 times)

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
here we go again
« on: January 11, 2017, 12:18:56 »
as today was the last day of decent weather for a few days i went to the plot this morning  with a spring in my step  however that soon changed as i unlocked the gate  there on the headland tools, rubbish and lawn mowers all over the place we had the thieves in around 30 sheds were broken into  i was lucky my two sheds were fine however it took me all morning to contact the people not so fortunate so a wasted day and at a quick count not much was taken mindless thugs looking for a quick buck i know we all suffer from time to time from these lowlife scum but it still really gets my back up  ok rant over
 :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

Wizpod.

• Not So New ...
Re: here we go again
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 13:16:05 »
Rant away as much as you like johhny. This sort of vandalism really annoys me, and so many others.Even if nothing is taken it's the damage to the sheds,the expense of repairing / replacing items and the general nerve of the toerags that annoys me.

Yorkshire Lass

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 13:26:34 »
What a start to the New Year.  Sorry to hear of the break ins. it's just mindless vandalism, there couldn't be much to take from allotment sheds and  it's the mess they leave behind which is heartbreaking.

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 19:07:07 »
Its sometimes impossible to resist the temptation to booby-trap a shed door, but you do need to be able to remember its done......
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 16:32:27 »
well today it was our end that lowlifes plundered took the side out of my shed and a side panel off the other must of taken them along time another 20 break ins  there is one quarter that has not  done whats the bet this week they will have their turn only thing taken was a broken chainsaw nothing else was touched mowers rotavators wolf tools petrol all left so today i repaired the sheds and put twist buttons on all the others to keep the door shut weather out took me all day what a waste of a day hope the chainsaw gives them a serious injury   life threatening would be nice however loss of a limb would be exceptable

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 16:37:10 »
So frustrating.   :BangHead: :BangHead:

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 16:47:56 »
So sorry this happened again, so infuriating  :BangHead:

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 17:07:02 »
Sorry to hear that Johnny

Just a question!

Were the properties broken into among the nicest  well kept sheds with nice new padlocks on?

Why I ask when our plots were broken into only the newer sheds were broken into.

I just wondered if the thieves/vandals thought that in these sheds there was something worth stealing whereas in the tatty old sheds wasn't so they left these alone.( my shed is tatty)

As they say........"there is nout as funny as folk"

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 18:43:47 »
I found it easier to not bother securing my shed.  Saves it getting damaged

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 19:30:56 »
Sorry to hear that Johnny

Just a question!

Were the properties broken into among the nicest  well kept sheds with nice new padlocks on?

Why I ask when our plots were broken into only the newer sheds were broken into.

I just wondered if the thieves/vandals thought that in these sheds there was something worth stealing whereas in the tatty old sheds wasn't so they left these alone.( my shed is tatty)

As they say........"there is nout as funny as folk"

no tg there are only 10 sheds left in one corner that have not had the treatment so around 70 sheds have been broken into in 5 days one chap has a metal shed they ripped the roof off again nothing taken

pumkinlover

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 07:35:14 »
So annoying. Ok it's much worse than that but without swearing I am lost for words.

ed dibbles

• Hectare
  • somerset/dorset border. clay loam.
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 08:13:14 »
Perhaps you could get some (security cameras in use on these premises" signs and place them in strategic places as a deterrent. To make them think twice.

You would think with those houses close by to the plots someone would have seen something.

After reading about other site break-ins I consider myself to be so lucky because the site I use is in a village eight miles from home that has a very low crime/vandal problem. In the nearly twenty years the site has never been any problems of that nature. (things moving from one plot to another is a different matter :happy7:)

It is so anger provoking and mindless.  :coffee2:

lezelle

• Acre
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 08:24:14 »
Hi Ya, Sorry to hear about your problems. I would like to do some damage to these cretins. They must of made some noise ripping the side of the shed like that and it looks like houses behind you, they might of heard some thing. Then again if you did tell the police if they are any thing like the police round our way they will be useless as well. They put their money up every year and we see less for it. Some on our site do lay booby traps. Keep smiling and hope the chain saw does the business for you.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2017, 14:10:15 »
thanks all for your support police were called via 101 as yet no one in the houses heard anything .              strange but true we have put a couple of trail cameras up this week and are in the process of putting up a 2mtr security fence along one of the alley ways where we think they are getting in however around 50 mts is required and as we own our site its a big chunk out of our funds this should be in place middle of feb we shall see if it makes any difference  thanks again all for all your kind words and idears

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 19:36:21 »
Think its time to have the committee fund a  night patrol on an occasional, ad hoc basis. Most areas have a small time operator (often listed as "K9 security" or something similar.) Presumably your allotments are enclosed against dogs, therefore no problems in restricting your liability within your insurance. Some professional signs would raise the deterrent effect. The most efficient I've seen simply say " Surrey.Police dog training area". You might do well to declare a curfew for your members .....
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 09:58:07 »
Oh that sucks, scroats like that just make your blood boil.
Good luck getting back to square one.
Keep on going, it's so much better to be someone who builds and nurtures than someone who destroys.

bluecar

• Acre
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2017, 10:15:51 »
thanks all for your support police were called via 101 as yet no one in the houses heard anything .              strange but true we have put a couple of trail cameras up this week and are in the process of putting up a 2mtr security fence along one of the alley ways where we think they are getting in however around 50 mts is required and as we own our site its a big chunk out of our funds this should be in place middle of feb we shall see if it makes any difference  thanks again all for all your kind words and idears
Have you seen the night time pictures/videos from the trail cameras Johnyco? If so are they both good quality and what make model are they? We are thinking of getting a couple of these.

Regards

Bluecar

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2017, 11:12:06 »
Have you seen the night time pictures/videos from the trail cameras Johnyco? If so are they both good quality and what make model are they? We are thinking of getting a couple of these.

Regards

Bluecar
i have not ill ask in the week when i next see the fellow ill try to get him to email me some footage and ill send it on to you if you like but if he cannot ill get the make and price from him i hope this helps

bluecar

• Acre
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2017, 11:56:45 »

Regards

Bluecar
i have not ill ask in the week when i next see the fellow ill try to get him to email me some footage and ill send it on to you if you like but if he cannot ill get the make and price from him i hope this helps
Thanks Johnnyco - it will.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2017, 13:04:03 »
been away for a few days however last night was our longest serving plot  holders birthday party 90 years young as i arrived at the party i was greeted with its  happend   again  6o sheds fri night we have had 3 breakins in 2 weeks one of the plt holders decided to take it further and got hold of the chief constable for essex we will see if poking the beast in the belly has any effect will post news if anything is done (i wont hold my breath)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal