Author Topic: Seed potatoes  (Read 6317 times)

Buster54

• Acre
Seed potatoes
« on: January 03, 2017, 17:42:58 »
Whent into Wilkos today and they have some seed potatoes and onion sets in,onion sets are £1-50p per 500g bag didn't look at the seed tatties
I'm not the Messiah - I'm a very naughty boy."

steve76

• Acre
Re: Seed potatoes
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 18:21:00 »
I went to B&Q today they also have seed potatoes in 2kg bags for £4 buy 2 for £6.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 13:18:25 »
onion sets in our wilcos are £2  sturon sets and yellow moon shallots   @£2also
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

Stork

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 21:20:49 »
I ordered some seed potatoes a few weeks back. The delivery date stated early to mid-February. They arrived two days go. It might be a struggle to keep them in good condition for planting out in March. Any tips? I don't have a green house, garage or a cold frame. I do have a couple of north facing window ledges in spare rooms where I can turn the heating off. Will they be ok there?
Have no fear of perfection. You will never reach it. (Salvador Dali)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 11:54:53 »
Juat realised I've bought mine about a month earlier than usual, but hoping it just means they willhave sturdier shoots by the time i plant out. I usually put them in egg boxes to chit in an unused and unheated bedroom.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 12:24:44 »
today was our potato day i got nadine ,charlotte ,rocket daisy and pent.jav.   will put some charlotte  in bags in the greenhouse next week for some early crops  :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:let the season begin
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

laurieuk

• Hectare
  • now retired
    • laurie mansers  garden hints
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 19:24:23 »
I always buy my seed potatoes as soon as possible, if you look under edible plants you will see what most of us do.

Plot 18

• Acre
  • Plot in Mid-Kent
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 10:00:35 »
I ordered some seed potatoes a few weeks back. The delivery date stated early to mid-February. They arrived two days go. It might be a struggle to keep them in good condition for planting out in March. Any tips? I don't have a green house, garage or a cold frame. I do have a couple of north facing window ledges in spare rooms where I can turn the heating off. Will they be ok there?

Yes, they'll be fine on the window ledge, but - if it's still really frosty where you are, move them away from the glass at night. It's what I'm doing with my Pentland Javelin

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal