Author Topic: calenders  (Read 3548 times)

rowbow

• Quarter Acre
calenders
« on: December 25, 2016, 13:21:22 »
Has anyone found any good allotment wall calendars with day to day to do notes sections,
Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all.
John  :icon_cheers:
Spring has arrived I am so excited I have wet my PLANTS

Beersmith

• Hectare
  • Duston, Northampton. Loam / sand.
Re: calenders
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 21:45:28 »
Well I regret to say that I have never seen any calendar of the exact type you want.

However, armed with a few felt tip pens, and a basic guide to growing (perhaps one of the expert range of books) you could mark up a blank wall calendar to meet your own requirements. It would not only meet your needs it would not be cluttered with unnecessary advice. E.g. no advice to sow parsnips if you hate that particular vegetable. And it could include special events you need to factor in like "no allotment today - wife's birthday".

In fact the more I think about it the stronger the feeling that it would be useful to do this myself.

Thanks for the idea!!!

Cheers

Beersmith

Not mad, just out to mulch!

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 22:51:29 »
Over the last 30 years I have kept my records in traditional diaries,notebooks and even scraps of paper then in 1999 I got my first PC  and I transferred all the previous data onto it in the form of a spread sheet. I then went on to write my website from this same data.

Since then I have more or less done the same in terms of notebooks and diaries,now I enter this data into my PC at intervals, and I am currently revising my website and I am using the added data I have accumulated to revise my website where needs be.

Here is a few examples how I go about keeping my records, perhaps you will get a few ideas here!

http://www.thegardenersalmanac.co.uk/Data/Computers/Computers%20and%20Gardening.htm

rowbow

• Quarter Acre
Re: calendars
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 11:48:31 »
Thanks for your suggestions, its just at this time of year the wife says can you get a new calendar for the kitchen fridge,
I am fed up with birds, cats, dogs, flowers, I just wanted an allotment veg one.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERY ONE
Spring has arrived I am so excited I have wet my PLANTS

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 07:02:59 »
There are a number of websites where you can make your own calendar with your own pics.
Or perhaps a lunar calendar.

http://www.lunarorganics.com/product/gardeners-year-planner/

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 06:06:34 »
I find those family organiser calandars useful because it has multiple columns for each date , this means you can have a column or two for the plot as well as one for personal appointments. I keep a journal though as ts easier to look back through. And have a little thing on the wall with first and last frost dates. Happy gardening year

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal