Author Topic: Plot Progress  (Read 3297 times)

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Plot Progress
« on: October 24, 2016, 14:47:33 »
Nearly finished winter preparation as you can see here, this is plot 19 the plot I have not decided to keep or not, but at least it will be ready for next year if I do,or the new tenant will not have a lot to do if I don't keep it!

This arrived on the plots this morning:

Can't recall if I mentioned it but our plots are getting damage by a family of Badgers so the council erected this to keep them out:(this is barely half of it!)

Sadly it has been a bit of a waste of time as they are getting in elsewhere, spent part of this morning blocking up likely entry points!

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
Re: Plot Progress
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 17:26:13 »
looks great mate im still pick outdoor tomatoes and that pic i put in the comp looks a lot better this week flowers are out a lot more
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 13:49:22 »
thought id jump on this thread sorry tg autumn raspberries all cut back apples/pears and currants had last prune wood chippings started to top up beds /paths etc bonfire ready for sat night however still getting outdoor toms that the only bed thats not been dug cleared one greenhouse so nearly set for winter  :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 18:26:24 »
Anyone who took over one of your plots would be very lucky, TeeGee, although you'd also be a veryhard act to follow!  :happy7:

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 16:48:57 »
Well that is 2016 over and done with and I would not consider it to have been a good year.

In fact with the crazy mixed up weather, some crops were the best I have ever had yet others I think I could say was the worst I have ever had,in particular stuff not ripening e.g Tomatoes & Peppers. Then there was the early blight so my Potatoes stocks are much lower this year.

I have finished all the digging and manuring;

I have arranged with another couple of plot holders to share the plot below, they are going to plant out the top three beds, which amounts to around 60% of the plot, so that should lighten my load next year.

Anyone who took over one of your plots would be very lucky

Yes they will be at least they have no digging to do!

I have also prepared my three greenhouse for next year;

The 28 x 8

The 12 x 8

The 8 x6

I have put the remainder of my apple crop in my heated greenhouse;

Finally I had a walk around the plots which was looking quite autumnal as you can see here;

Started on my garden at home this morning which is around the same size as my two plots on the allotment.

Managed to get a Hydrangea that has over grown its current spot transplanted elsewhere, still a few more shrubs to move around yet which weather permitting I will get moved over the next few days.....and finally I got around to planting out my Wallflower  and Sweet William so at least I have made a start.....so not long now before I go into hibernation!  :wave: :coffee2:

BTW Do you want "A Daily Jigsaw Puzzle" this winter?

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 17:00:07 »
looks great tg autumn has started here on the sunshine coast had an hour and a half of rain yesterday first for 4weeks it went down to 4 degrees last night so winter is on its way

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal