Author Topic: Auricular  (Read 2669 times)

Susiebelle

• Hectare
Auricular
« on: October 12, 2016, 18:37:24 »
Hello, does anyone grow Auricular ? I invested a few pennies earlier this year so I could display them (not quite Auricular Theatre) anyway looked Fab in spring, so they should they were new plants ! not anymore the leaves are all sort of veined with yellow and dying off. THey have been potted on with the recommended mix and feed - really worried I am going to loose them.

Is there anyone out there that can help ? appreciate any advice

Susiebelle

Palustris

• Hectare
Re: Auricular
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 20:25:10 »
Fairly normal for the end of the season. Very carefully remove and dead or dying leaves to stop them causing the stems to rot. Reduce the watering, but keep them on the moist side of dry. Mine are in  a cold greenhouse as that is the easiest way to look after them over winter, but they are totally cold hardy. No greenhouse or cold frame? Then keep them somewhere where they do not get too wet. If they are in clay pots then you may need to protect the pots. We have had problems in the past with clay pots shattering with frost.
The ones I grow in the garden get no protection of any kind over winter and I do not even bother removing the dead leaves until spring. They survive.
Good luck with them, they are lovely plants (except for the ravages of the dreaded Vine weevil.
Oh and if any stems come away when you are cleaning them up, then put them in normal rooting medium and you will soon have a new plant.
Gardening is the great leveller.

pumkinlover

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 08:18:00 »
I would no longer feed either.

Susiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 08:41:58 »
Many thanks for help - will trs to cold frames at lotti -  what a relief thought I was going to lose them all !

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 14:30:49 »
Plus seeds are good germinates, plant some now if you've got seed heads leave out.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal