« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2005, 20:53:50 »
ahha I think I've cracked it, thanks a million for your help Georgie

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
Re: cats
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2005, 20:59:58 »
Hi Merlins Mum, ;)  try Image shack, it does all the tricky bits for you here's the link, easy peasy ;) ;D
http://imageshack.us/

I was directed to photobucket when I first came here and even I can use it it!  Block image, copy, come here and paste.  You telling me there's summat even simper?   ;)

G xx

Nah, I never got a chance to use Photobucket, cuz every time I tried they were out to lunch >:( ;D or was that HP Photo? ??? Can't remember now :-[ ;D

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2005, 21:04:32 »
..and Merlin's Mum, if you ever tire of Merlin, just send him my way.   ;D

Fletcher is a boy, btw.  :)

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2005, 21:09:38 »
Yes he is gorgeous, (I know, I'm bias), but he is the most affectionate cat I have ever had and of course I love him to bits.  But I will let him know that if he ever wants to home I know someone who would take him in, hahahaha.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2005, 21:16:41 »
Well, it's just that with one black cat and one black 'n' white I think a grey and white would make the set.  Mind, I also have a British spotted tabby and I'm using him as an excuse for now needing a ginger cat etc.

G xx

[Mad cat woman]
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2005, 21:23:53 »
Ahha so you are a crazy cat lover too.  I just love them one and all.  I've been limited to just the one, and I think there are times when Greg thinks that is one too many.  I would like the fully tabby set.  I've had a couple of brown tabbies in the past and also a ginger and now a grey tabby although his tabby bits don't always show up.   
As I type this Merlin is washing my foot!!!!!!!! now that is love surely  ::)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2005, 21:28:50 »
Awwww that's so sweet.  How old is Merlin?  He looks about 18 months to me.

G xx

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2005, 21:32:37 »
We think he's about 6 or so.  He's a rescue cat, and when I got him the vet thought he was no more than 2 years.  But after a year he filled out and became a lot more adult, if you know what I mean and I realised he was probably not much more than a year when he came to live with us.
How about yours, how old are they.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2005, 21:38:27 »
Fletcher and Shelley are bro and sis - got 'em at 8 weeks and they're nearly 17 now. 

Tiger decided to live with us last September - he was a stray and clearly maltreated.  :(  We took him to the vet - he wasn't chipped surprise surpise - and got him sorted.  He's about 2 and just about calm enough now to enjoy a late kittenhood.   ;D

G xx

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2005, 21:43:34 »
Goodness, Feltcher doesn't look 17, he looks like a young cat.  Obviously it's all the tlc he gets.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2005, 22:07:08 »
Goodness, Feltcher doesn't look 17, he looks like a young cat.  Obviously it's all the tlc he gets.

Yeah, I know.  And he gives a good impression of being a kitten now and then too!  Must be all that tuna and fresh chicken?

G xx

Melanie

• Not So New ...
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2005, 22:39:21 »
Loved the pictures! Sweet.

I might grow catnip or catmint at home in a pot for my purrball (katje--means little cat in Dutch). Do you guys find your cats get a low after the high? My element of doubt is because Katje gets really grumpy and nippy as she comes down--and usually takes it out on me, for some reason.

Katje's web page: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/melanie_l_marshall/katje/

Anyway, since otherwise this will get really off topic, what's actually the difference between catnip and catmint? Are they different words for the same herb? Or are they different herbs with similar effects?

Melanie

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2005, 07:31:16 »
Hi Melanie, yes Georgie and I realised we were rather getting off the subject but you know how it is when you love cats.
In answer to your question, I don't think there is a difference.  I always call the plant catmint but say a toy mouse or whatever is filled with catnip.  Surely catnip is the dried leaves of catmint.
If anyone out there knows differently would be very interested to hear.
MM

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2005, 10:32:42 »
Do you guys find your cats get a low after the high?

they get high on that stuff? :o
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

Melanie

• Not So New ...
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2005, 10:41:19 »
they get high on that stuff? :o

Well, they certainly behave that way. (My cat even gets the munchies afterwards--once she's done munching on me.)

Merlin's Mum: thanks for catmint/nip clarification. And I do know how it is--I'm potty about cats myself. (And my partner is worse--he loves cats and they love him. Come to think of it, perhaps that's my leverage to get him to join me on the allotment. 'Come and see all the gorgeous cats that visit'....)

Best,
Melanie

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2005, 11:19:33 »
Hi Melanie. Katje is so sweet! 

I haven't noticed a down side to my cats eating catmint/catnip (I agree with Merlin's Mum that they are the same thing). 

I've got plenty of seed collected from last year if you want some.  Just PM me your address.

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2005, 13:27:56 »
That photo of Merlin is so cute - we have a small furball too  - Myszka - means little mouse in Polish (cos she squeaked as a kitten!)
Her piccy is my avatar. She's looking all serious there but there's a whole page of piccies here
http://www.moonrose.demon.co.uk/myszka/myszka2/myszka2.html

She's a daft brush - 11 now, but the vet yesterday did a Senior Checkup and said it was lovely to find an older cat so healthy. She thinks she's still a kitten. And like Merlin, she also has white feet like she's been dipped in cream!

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2005, 14:05:39 »
Awww, your Myszka is lovely, just like a bigger version of my Shelley.  :D 

I must get some pics of Tiger and Shelley put in photobucket so I can post them here.  Mebbe we should move to the Pets thread?

G xx

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2005, 20:33:08 »
That sounds like a good idea, who's going first??????

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2005, 21:03:30 »
Hi MM.  Don't think it really matters, just the next person with something nice to say about our feline friends?

G xx

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal