Author Topic: london road 2016 show  (Read 5225 times)

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
london road 2016 show
« on: August 28, 2016, 20:48:45 »
well its show time again for the 2nd london road allotment show its next sunday the 4th of sept all welcome from 9am free refreshments and a good look around at our site so if your in the area come on down the price is right its all free
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
Re: london road 2016 show
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 09:28:17 »
Wish I lived nearer I would love to come

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 14:34:33 »
Wish I lived nearer I would love to come
well if ever your on the sunshine coast your are always welcome for a vip tour

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 19:14:48 »
just a reminder  of london road allotment show clacton-on-sea free entry and free refreshments starts around 10 am  all welcome if your in the area or know someone who is please let them know hope to see you there

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 20:55:27 »
last reminder about tomorrow and the 2016 london road allotment show i will be there early in the morning putting the finishing touches to my exhibit's  and putting up tables so if your in the area pop in and say hello its all free

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 21:36:35 »
Like the photo but I spotted the deliberate mistake.......the three tomatoes at the front are laid the wrong way round.....the calyx's  should be facing the edge of the basket to match the three at the other side.

Hope you are not superstitious but I think I counted 13 tomatoes on the vine.

Good luck ...don,t forget to take your camera I want to see what the competition is like......Tg

Tee Gee

• Hectare
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2016, 01:07:32 »
Hi Johnny

I have just been thinking if I were you I would not exhibit the six loose tomatoes!

My reason for saying this is I guess the schedule will ask for a bunch of tomatoes on the vine, well these six tomatoes are NOT on the vine thus creating a possibility of disqualification for not adhering to what was asked for on the schedule ,meaning they are NAS.

I would use a bed of parsley leaves or some asparagus fern as adornment!

As I said this is only a thought and a lot will hang on what it asks for in the schedule, if adornment is allowed then it might comply but I would not risk it.

I hope you don't mind my observations but I thought I would mention it simply because that is an excellent bunch of tomatoes you have there and I would hate to see it disqualified by a judge that might stick to the rules.

Once again: I wish you the best of luck....Tg

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2016, 14:45:14 »
Hi Johnny

I have just been thinking if I were you I would not exhibit the six loose tomatoes!

My reason for saying this is I guess the schedule will ask for a bunch of tomatoes on the vine, well these six tomatoes are NOT on the vine thus creating a possibility of disqualification for not adhering to what was asked for on the schedule ,meaning they are NAS.

I would use a bed of parsley leaves or some asparagus fern as adornment!

As I said this is only a thought and a lot will hang on what it asks for in the schedule, if adornment is allowed then it might comply but I would not risk it.

I hope you don't mind my observations but I thought I would mention it simply because that is an excellent bunch of tomatoes you have there and I would hate to see it disqualified by a judge that might stick to the rules.

Once again: I wish you the best of luck....Tg
tg your observations are always welcome as are your thoughts and yes it was ok i came in first for the second year with 43 points 3 for a first 2 for second and 1 for third  in second play with 10 points  was  a husband and wife team third with 9 points was plane dave (its plane dave as he flies model aircraft) then a lot of others down to 1 so i did really well 10 firsts from 5 same runners to carrot cake and beetroot to flower arrangement so had a good show in a months time its giant pumpkin time so watch this space fingers crossed

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2016, 17:00:53 »
 i think the fellow taking the picture had the camera upside down so the last laugh was on me lol this was my flower arrangement entitled a sunny place to sit

Tee Gee

• Hectare
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2016, 17:42:23 »
i think the fellow taking the picture had the camera upside down so the last laugh was on me lol this was my flower arrangement entitled a sunny place to sit

And there was me thinking that all your success had turned your life upside down!

Might be best if you have a seat!

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2016, 17:58:41 »
Wow well done you won by miles  :wave:

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2016, 18:39:12 »
Wow well done you won by miles  :wave:
thank you got a text they are already changing the format they say i was too far in front so a new set of listings next season but wont get the list until Jan I'm well chuffed no one has won back to back and by such a large margin so lets see what next year brings and thanks for your support

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2016, 18:43:05 »

And there was me thinking that all your success had turned your life upside down!

Might be best if you have a seat!
the arrangement is set on a mini bench that i knocked up hence a sunny place to sit lol

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2016, 18:50:15 »
tg as those tomatoes you mentioned they are berry all outdoor grown and yes i had to give them a little polish with a drop of water to get the bordeux mixture off but other than that and careful watering so they didnt split the rest they did themselves  :drunken_smilie: :drunken_smilie: :drunken_smilie:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal