Author Topic: Rotavator/tiller  (Read 1966 times)

Tiny Clanger

• Acre
Rotavator/tiller
« on: September 05, 2016, 16:11:10 »
Could someone please recommend a good lightweight tiller? Not electric, a petrol one for the allotment. I would prefer a 4 stroke but am not very strong to lift it in and out of the car
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
Re: Rotavator/tiller
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 18:43:27 »
for me its a mantis great little 4 stroke Honda engine I've spinal arthritis and its light enough for me to handle and does a great job on my light soil cant comment on heavy soil however someone will be able to hope this helps
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

Tiny Clanger

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 08:27:59 »
Thank you Johnny, I will put that on my list to look at.  I too have a spine problem but one the heavy work is done I have no problems.  Thanks again : :icon_bounce:
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

MervF

• Half Acre
  • Poole, Dorset
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 11:36:20 »
I have had a Mantis for quite a few years now and I am well pleased with it as well.   There are a number of attachments available and it folds up easily to put in the boot of the car.   Their website does have some videos of the machine in use - https://mantis.uk.com/

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal