Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2830 times)

Travman

• Half Acre
  • Castleford, West Yorkshire anybody near me
    • castown fc
Introduction
« on: January 01, 2005, 20:34:47 »
Hello to 4all.
I got my allotment in the middle of last year and spent most of the year digging bindweed out of it  :(
This year i hope to grow most things.
I did get some leeks ,onions and a few large pumpkins out of it (the biggest being just short of 13stone)which the kids enjoyed watch grow.
My plot is 23m long by13m wide and i hope to get many tips from you all over the coming months.
If there any others growers in this region i would love to hear from you.
Thanks
-Martin-
p.s  is it too late to add any manure now ?
cheers

Pixie

• Acre
  • Chorlton the magical happiness dragon
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 17:32:34 »
Hi Travman

Welcome - they are a very friendly lot here so join in as much as you can - I have only just finished clearing part of my lottie so I know how you feel about the weeds!!

Sam
"Jump in, we'll take you for a spin, and show you round the Wheelie World..."

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 23:19:56 »
Hi Martin, welcome aboard, that's quite a nice size plot you have there, I am in search of manure for my new plot so I hope we are not too late.
Good luck. ;)

growmore

• Hectare
  • Practice Beats Theory. Don Valley South Yorks
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 10:56:13 »
Hi Travman,
                   I am just spreading manure on now will dig it in whe I come to plant leeks,onions potatoes etc.. Wouldnt put it where you are going to put your carrots,parsnips,swedes etc ..But as I think you will know your pumpkins, marrows and squashes will love it ..
I am in South Yorks so not to near to Cass but its still part of Gods,own county ..cheers Jim 
Cheers .. Jim

North Country Boy

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2005, 03:21:50 »
Hi Travman,
                   I am just spreading manure on now will dig it in whe I come to plant leeks,onions potatoes etc.. Wouldnt put it where you are going to put your carrots,parsnips,swedes etc ..But as I think you will know your pumpkins, marrows and squashes will love it ..
I am in South Yorks so not to near to Cass but its still part of Gods,own county ..cheers Jim 

Where abouts in SYorks? Ive just take on a decent sized plot in Doncaster, Woodlands area. There doesnt seem to be the usual problems with it like others have reported on the site, it was once a paddock which was divided into 2, one half then turned into 3 generous sized plots so its all grass at the moment. Have plans for raised beds and a few chickens. I think this site is excellant, nobody seems to have high opinions of themselves, was a regular user of Rivercottage.net but them all seem too opinionated. Learning lots fast.   :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal