Author Topic: Slimmers Apple Betty Egg Flan  (Read 3326 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
Slimmers Apple Betty Egg Flan
« on: July 07, 2016, 15:37:23 »
Still with unused frozen apple slices to use up and the need to still make low cal puddings it seemed ideal to make the
slimmers world apple betty............

INGREDIENTS...........

2  to 3 eating apples skinned cored and sliced.

5 grms sultanas

8 medium eggs

4 tbsps artificial sweetener

2 tsps Vanilla Essence

175 grm pot Muller Light Vanilla Yogurt

Cinnamon Power

Fat Free Fromage Frais

PREHEAT YOUR OVEN TO 170 DEGREES................

prepare the apples and arrange in a 20cm flan dish then add most of the sultanas

Beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla extract,then add the vogurt and blend again....now add this mixture to your flan dish gently shake the dish to ensure mixture goes around the apples........put the remaining sultanas into the mixture and sprinkle some cinnamon powder over the dish.

place your flan dish into the middle of a hot oven and cook for 30 minutes......check the flan is cooked through with a sharp knife,but if the mixture is still wet return it to the oven for a further 5 to 10 mins or till cooked through as oven temps do vary.

once cooked the top should be crisp and the egg mixture should be set with the apples still juicy in the dish base.

serve warm with some fat free fromage frais with a sprinkling of cinnamon over the top.............

we enjoyed this flan version of apple betty .........go on give it a go,

Its Scrummy

Enjoy

Gazza

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Slimmers Apple Betty Egg Flan
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 16:15:29 »
Excellent no wheat.  I wonder whether you can make it with rhubarb?  No apples yet but plenty of rhubarb.

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 17:47:03 »
http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/11078-rhubarb-flan

I saw this recipe online which uses rhubarb and an egg mixture but with pastry.....so im uncertain how it may taste but you would I guess be a perfect person to try the recipe with rhu and tell us all if it works and how tasted.....

good luck

Gazza

woodypecks

• Hectare
    • Daisy in the Garden
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 06:12:15 »
It looks lovely  but .........8 eggs ?  ......!! Is that correct ?
Trespassers will be composted !

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 09:15:22 »
if I get time today Digeroo I will make one the same as above with some frozen rhubarb ...lets see how it comes out...

we enjoyed the last of the apple betty flan last night cold just sliced,after fridging it was tasty with the egg mixture still firm but the
sultanas were sweet and juicy and the apple pieces lovely and moist....jude enjoyed it more cool......go figure.

http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/apple-betty.aspx

read above woodypecks........eggs are nearly all fluid and the 8 as instructed fill a flan dish to the brim with the apple mixture underneath but that's not to say you couldn't make it smaller with less eggs......or maybe add a pastry base or more fruit mixture
its all proportions I guess.

Gazza

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal