Author Topic: Eves pudding  (Read 3214 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
Eves pudding
« on: July 05, 2016, 13:33:57 »
Been a while since I made time for baking/cooking but owing to the glut of last seasons cookers that were frozen I decided
on a quick pudding tuther night.......

Ive been trying low fat options albeit 50/50 really still with flavour but less of the bad bits........

6 tbsp. of low fat cooking spread or butter if you wish ...plus some to butter the dish.
1lb of cooking apples fresh or frozen sliced and cored
3oz sugar or low cal equivalent
1tbsp lemon juice
2oz sultanas
3 oz caster sugar
1 egg beaten
51/2 oz self raising flour
3 tbsp. milk
1oz flaked almonds
1oz ground almonds
custard or cream to serve

Butter a ovenproof dish ..........

mix the apples with with the sugar lemon juice,sultanas and ground almonds and spoon into the buttered dish.......

cream the butter and caster sugar until well blended and add the beaten egg,continue to blend together

add the flour a little at a time and stir in the milk to create a soft dropping consistency.......

spread over the apple mixture and top with flaked almonds..........

bake in a pre heated oven 180 degrees for 40 to 45 mins until golden brown.........

serve straight away...............

I served with cold custard but the option is yours

It was delicious and a worthwhile way to use up last seasons apples....leftovers are tonights pudding with ice cream

Enjoy

Gazza

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
Re: Eves pudding
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 16:19:09 »
 Sounds lovely Gazza! I wonder if it would freeze. I love desserts - if I could make individual servings for the freezer it would be worth it.
Good to see you back, we've missed you!

Tricia  :wave:

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 17:04:31 »
Kid's are coming at the weekend and this sounds very scrummy.  Same as you, we have apples left and the earlies will be ready late August, so time to use the stocks up.  Thank you  :sunny:

Yes, good to have you back as and when you can - sorry that life has got quite tough, but glad that the move was a success - keep well, all of you  :wave:

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 17:32:59 »
im not a fan of re freezing apples once thawed and used in a baked pudding but if I were freezing it I would use fresh fruit segments
the sponge topping has no issues as ive frozen gateau sized fresh fruit flans in sponge and as long as I cling film it and foil wrap it
so no other flavours from fish etc leach into the wrapping then im happy to use it.....to be fair I tend to bake and eat within 2 to 3 days as its so bloomin morish there isn't much left to freeze.... :tongue3:

but please if you make it and freeze it tell me how it defrosted and tasted.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal