Author Topic: Dangle Trombonicino squash and Uchi Kuri from raised bed or shed roof?  (Read 2911 times)

Hector

• Hectare
Can I ask a related question? Can you grow these dangling down from a raised bed? I also have a slightly sloped roof on a shed that I could grow them on/ dangle down. I can tie them into mesh as shed roof is part of an old aviary
Jackie

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
They will dangle! Two years ago I grew them hanging from an obelisk, no problem. I tied each one to the frame just below and above the stem and they just grew and grew, seven from just one plant :icon_cheers:. Stored in the greenhouse, they kept well too.

Tricia   :wave:

Hector

• Hectare
Fab, thanks Trisha :)
Jackie

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
go on hector go for it on shed they will look fantastic
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

Hector

• Hectare
They are now up there.....this will be interesting!
Jackie

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
I have Shark's Fin Squash and Veg Spaghetti growing up a 10' by 12' greenhouse... free shading, if we ever get any sun. ..  :wave:

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
I used metal mesh for reinforcing concrete to make a 2 m high boundary fence between my veg plot and the field behind and then grew squashes such as uchi kuri and Crown Prince up it so they got maximum sunshine and no slugs.   One year I grew some yellow pumpkins and a few grew and swelled on the field side.   Some b****r nicked them the day before I planned to harvest them.  I've been very careful to pull them all through to my side since!
Obxx - Vendée France

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal