Author Topic: Whats been Happening[Easter]  (Read 4122 times)

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
Re: Whats been Happening[Easter]
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2005, 21:14:05 »
Jumped for joy that my tomato seedlings have emerged!
Spent saturday arvo at the lottie put in 20 concorde spuds. Dug some more - got myself a blister  :( Broad beans and peas starting to pop up  :)
Sowed some loose-leaf lettuce in a grow-bag. Sowed chives, sweet peas, cucumber, peppers and pumpkin.
Read my HDRA encyclopedia of organic gardening - got obsessed with having a pond - not allowed on my lottie and no garden of my own  :( Had a look at aquatic plants in the garden centre any way  :)
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2005, 23:52:55 »
wow moggle - that avatar of yours scares me :D ;)

digging on friday, putting in spud on saturday. checked on fruit bushes - they all seem to take. :)
watered seedlings: radishes are well through, some pinach and lamb's lettuce showing too
though i fear the woodlice will have a few of them, too :(

went to the tip to cart of some bags of rubble from previoous clear up operations - peeked into the rubbish bin, and found a huuuuuge round tub there, also plenty of large and very small plastic pots. 'stole' them from the council - the big tub and pots to be used for plants where i have a concrete bit of the plot (which i wont be able to dig up this year) - the little ones for potting on toms and such

this weeks indoor seedlings doing well - i am quite chuffed
sowed brassicas yesterday, in seed trays but in stations. will see how that does

also a lot of DIY (we only moved two months ago) - still plenty to do as well

svea
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2005, 00:37:16 »
Has been a total wash out in Whitley Bay all Easter .  First we had the sea fret, thick cold and wet. and then we had the  all out rain.  Very miserable and nasty.  So no garden or allotment work done at all.  Just took a walk up there and looked around but the place was deserted.  So it has been very frustrating, with all our plans gone haywire.  Been couch potatoes and watched the telly.   :'( 

Get well soon DP.  :) busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2005, 11:14:17 »
Simon 404
Still waiting for my Potatoes to arrive they are promised for this week.................next year I'll get them locally and not bother with Postal Ordering.

Parnips Im pleased with First time they are nearly all showing in the Toilet Roll Holders!!

Maybe I'll try the same with the Carrots Waiting a little while longer for the Weather

Glad you remembered your seeds!!
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2005, 11:16:52 »
glorious couple of days.

Didn't do much in the garden on Friday or Saturday. But did spend a good few hours wondering round and looking at everything on early Saturday evening. The wallflowers look and smell gorgeous. So sweet and honey-like and they shine like golden rays of sun. I'm definitely doing them again. Also watched the pond for ages.

Sunday afternoon had a marathon seed time. Pricked out tomatoes, basil, peas, french beans, broad beans. Then sowed courgettes, squashes, asparagus, marigolds and something else (i forgot, but it is labelled).

monday - sieving. The stones have now been sieved out of the soil and the soil is in the new raised bed, number two. I watered it with coffee and in two weeks, my 2nd and main spuds will go in. It took ages to do that one (we had a huge pile of soil to work through) but it's finally finished. I was also planning on planting the rest of my 1st and 2nd spuds in bags, but ran out of time. Nevermind I'll get them done after work in the evening! hooray for light evenings.
gone to pot :D

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2005, 11:20:53 »
Moggle :D

good news over the Tomatoe seedlings coming through...great ;)

Ive put some cucumbers in Module Pots First Time here
Ive made a Cold Frame...already Manured them Ill Cover with a Black Sack [Ground] and plant the Cucumber on that

Yes!!! What to do over that pond :'(

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2005, 11:23:55 »
Svea :D

What is an Avatar !!! ???

So every thing is going fine by the sounds of it and a Lucky find with the Pots Svea.....great

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2005, 11:26:51 »
Busy_Lizzie :)

THat is typical Whitby Weather.............sorry to hear that you were house bound.......it will brighten up soon
so CHEER UP ;D

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2005, 11:32:49 »
Aquilegia

Found your Name flower in the Local Garden centre
made a point of that to see what it was!!

I really enjoy that sitting at the Table in the Back Garden All tiles.........and pricking out and transplanting.

I think the [ Sugar Snap] peas are ready to go Direct into the Garden now  Weather is Bad today so hopefully will put the Net up and Transplant this week. JUst re-sown the Normal peas the First lot were nothing my MISTAKE!!

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2005, 12:56:38 »
OH cut down more overgrown trees (his fave thing is climbing them), then got digging, so I am now the proud owner of a VEG PATCH!

Rocket and Sharpe's Express spuds in, broad beans, onions and peas. Salads ready to go!

and I've made too more flower beds!

Back's not in a good way though..........

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2005, 13:05:51 »
wow moggle - that avatar of yours scares me :D ;)

It's a real Tasmanian Devil. No they don't spin or look anything like the cartoon  ;D Poor little blighters are suffering from a cancer epidemic, and are in danger of being wiped out  :(

What is an Avatar !!! ???

Tulip, the avatar is the picture that appears on the left of the post under your name  :)
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2005, 13:24:07 »
Cotswold Lass ;D

Ah thats great all that work............sorry to hear about your Back..........go easy its a long summer!!  Take Care.

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2005, 13:27:50 »
Moggle ;)

Sorry about the silly question ...........but if you dont ask
you dont Know..........thanks so much for the enlightement :D

Your Avatar is Brilliant by the way 8)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal