Author Topic: Dictatorship  (Read 4274 times)

eddieshear

Dictatorship
« on: May 11, 2016, 08:12:18 »
Is it a good thing to have the same person as,General secretary,Treasurer,live stock manager,management on some sites,and wants to be site secretary on sites that have site secretaries that were voted in by the plot holders,and the plot holders are more than happy with there site secretaries.Is this a problem we should put up with

Edit, I've removed the named area to anonymise the thread. Please all be mindful of reply 4.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 07:42:47 by Jayb »

picman

• Acre
Re: Dictatorship
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 09:07:50 »
If this is a council person, then no, best practice i believe is a full elected committee on each site , with a proper constitution and rules, unfortunately , getting plotters to get involved is an uphill struggle, and committees sometimes crumble and one or two people eventually take over the lot.     

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 17:15:42 »
we own our site so we have to have a voted committee we have two sites one 5.2 acres and the other 7.1 acres each have a management committee and then the chair , sec,treasurer, all are voted by plot holders however most have been in postion for a fair while  if the plot holders are happy not much changes and it really runs itself with common sense and a nudge in the right direction here and there so in brief if its working well and you have no problems why fix it
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 18:21:05 »
Based on the info you give I find my self on the fence simply because my views would differ if the site/s are privately or council owned.

Can we have an answer on this please.

pumkinlover

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 18:55:36 »
Many members have issues and difficulties and come on here hoping for  help and information.
However the moderators often have to step in and advise caution, as sometimes a public airing of grievances does not do the case any good, and may even harm a genuine grievance.
It may be worth using more orthodox channels such as the local council or the National Allotment Association if you are members.
Another aspect which we as moderators have to take into account is the position of the forum owner when members are discussing issues such as this.
I hope that you can find a peaceful solution to the issues.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal