Author Topic: Full to bursting point  (Read 5370 times)

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Full to bursting point
« on: May 04, 2016, 12:42:14 »
But nothing is Growing.

Hopefully the sunshine the weathermen have promised us this week might improve things.

I usually aim for the 14th May for the bulk of my planting out then take around two weeks to plant everything out.

I start with the hardiest stuff and progress to the more tender stuff with a view to getting everything in by the end of May.

Doesn't look like that is going to happen this year, its still like the middle of Spring rather than the end of it!

Have a look for yourselves:

Veg on the allotment

Chrysanthemums on the Allotment:

A sheltered spot at home:

Some Lily of the Valley cuttings:

Only one of the potted Clematis has surfaced:

Some stuff that I have put for the day that can also be whisked into the greenhouse if needs be!

A couple of new Deutzia and a Choisya ready for planting when I decide where to put them

Coldframe No1

Coldframe No2:

Coldframe No 3

Coldframe No 4

Some overwintered cuttings

In the Greenhouse

Some seedlings;Heuchera, Geranium & Red Cabbage

Single & Double Freesia

Tomatoes & Sweet Corn

Sweet Peppers;

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Full to bursting point
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 20:48:13 »
Crikey Tee Gee, has someone started another war and not told me , it looks like you are getting ready for an army there.  I sure hope the weather perks up soon, it has been very hot here but today we have rain so maybe we have swapped and it will become your turn now.
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 14:51:12 »
Off topic slightly....what are the blue crates below " sheltered spot at home pic" and the greyish one above it. I recognise them but can't recall what they are called/ original purpose.....I read somewhere that folk plant Alliums in them.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 14:53:02 by Hector »
Jackie

Tee Gee

• Hectare
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 14:56:09 »
Blue tray is full of Zantedeschia, the green ones are Heuchera & Sedum and the bowls are Sempervivum (House Leeks)

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 15:20:47 »
Sorry Teegee...it's me being vague...I meant the tray itself. I have one but can't recall what it's called to get a few more.

Ps what do you do with house leeks. I've grown a few on and was toying with planting in side pockets of wall.
Jackie

Tee Gee

• Hectare
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 15:28:53 »
Sorry Teegee...it's me being vague...I meant the tray itself. I have one but can't recall what it's called to get a few more.

They are simply display/carrier trays that greengrocers get there wares in so I scrounged a few!

Ps what do you do with house leeks. I've grown a few on and was toying with planting in side pockets of wall.

Haven't got round to doing anything with them yet they are from a cheap packet of mixed seed I got the year before last so I stuck them in bowls to fetch them on and then I plan on selecting a mixture when they mature and then get rid of the doubles.

Thats the trouble with mixtures you do not know what you have until they mature!

brownthumb2

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 23:24:10 »
 Do you mean the blue mushroom trays ?

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 23:46:03 »
Brownthumb...thanks you :)
Jackie

anything