Allotment Stuff > Swap Shop

I am looking for a Vining Courgette more..

(1/2) > >>

Jeannine:
I think there was  one called Black Forest, failing that there was a marrow that could be used small,called Green Trailing I believe. I would actually like to find both .If Someone can help me I would be very happy to swap for anything you want from over here Thank you Jeannine

tricia:
Hi Jeannine, I am trying this yellow one this year - it is not vining as such but apparently can be trained to grow upwards if staked.
I'm growing it in a large tub.

http://www.thompson-morgan.com/vegetables/vegetable-seeds/pumpkin-squash-and-courgette-seeds/courgette-shooting-star/tt52080TM

Tricia  :wave:

Jeannine:
Hey Thanks Trica, a yellow one, I am going to try to find that XX Jeannine

Jeannine:
I have found the Black Forest one at Plants of Distinction and they are shipping it but no place as yet to get the yellow one, I may have to get it shipped to a UK address, if anyone knows a source I would be grateful. It is off really as Thompson and Morgan and Mr Fotheringills seeds are both available here but not that variety.

Digeroo:
Blackforest not my favourite.   Not great flavour.

I found that you can get any courgette to climb by tying it to a good stake.  They take up a lot less room that way and you do not have to bend down to pick the fruit.  My best ones had a narrow plank.  Planted on the north side, did not need much tying.

A plot neighbour of mine used to manage to get their courgettes to stay upright without stakes never worked out how they did it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version