Author Topic: Probably a very stupid question! Cleaning and overwintering  (Read 2373 times)

lifesahaze

• Not So New ...
OK, this is probably really simple but I can fail at the simple stuff!

I overwinter my chillies and some other plants in my greenhouse, and I must admit my greenhouse it probably fuller than it should be.  (Not the most organised person in the world, I hate to say).  The question is: if you keep plants going in the greenhouse through the winter, particularly big ones, when/how do you best clean your greenhouse? 

penedesenca

• Half Acre
Re: Probably a very stupid question! Cleaning and overwintering
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 21:11:06 »
I pick a fine day and put them all outside whilst I wash the gh down. Then put them back again in the afternoon. I also try to rehome some of the plants at this point to sheltered spots or compost bin if I think they haven't made it.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
Re: Probably a very stupid question! Cleaning and overwintering
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 09:10:21 »
I have the same problem, lifesahaze.  I have stuff growing actually in the soil, not in pots, so taking them out is not an option.  I usually clean the glass in spring, but don't use products.  A very small drop of Ecover in a bucket of water, or just elbow grease and warm water.  Haven't noticed any detrimental effects on the plants in the greenhouse from the splashes.  :wave:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal