Author Topic: Where exactly is your lottie?  (Read 122687 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Where exactly is your lottie?
« Reply #480 on: March 22, 2007, 18:03:00 »
I'm another alone in my part of Chelmsford.  Problem with mine is it is on a small site, and I am one of the youngest residents.  One day I will go nosey about some of the other allotments in Chelmsford like the one near the Miami roundabout and the ones by Chelmer village going towards argos.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #481 on: March 22, 2007, 23:02:43 »
Quite lonely down here on the pimple of the bum of Essex too EJ. Getting a fair mix of old and younger on our site and I do spread the gospel of A4A to anyone I think may be interested. Maybe they lurk, who knows. ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

sutton girl

• Half Acre
« Reply #482 on: March 24, 2007, 18:47:51 »
Hi  my plot  is in Lincolnshire Sutton On Sea right near to the sea very  nice in the summer but not so good in the winter.
Sue

muggs

• Not So New ...
« Reply #483 on: March 27, 2007, 10:19:29 »
Hi :)

I'm in Market Harborough and ... I shall say this really quietly.......

I have 3 plots... (each 100 x 30 ft) all next to each other.   :-[

One we've had for 2 years and the other two are new this year and were 5ft high in brambles.  They are now cleared and we have a beautiful old apple tree at the end of them.

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #484 on: March 27, 2007, 18:26:52 »
Thats equal to about 12 of ours! wow

Good Gourd2

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #485 on: March 28, 2007, 21:51:30 »
My allotment is in Buckinghamshire.

stocko75

• Quarter Acre
  • my beautiful children
« Reply #486 on: April 01, 2007, 20:18:54 »
hi im in redditch worcs too!! walkwood

lin

• Half Acre
« Reply #487 on: April 25, 2007, 17:49:19 »
My allotment is in Humphrey Park, Urmston, Manchester and it has a waiting list now, although when I started 5 years ago, there were plenty of empty plots. As I live on a cul de sac, I can walk straight through my neighbour's garden, onto his plot then through to mine... absolutely love it.

Today I have been working on the computer, then popping over there for an hour, then working, then digging, it's great. My dog hates it though, whenever she sees me popping out with my gardening bag, she throws things around, never damages them, just throws everything she can find on the floor... her equivalent of a "paddy"... I've stopped telling her off, I just put everything back! Lin

iain

• Half Acre
« Reply #488 on: April 28, 2007, 13:01:30 »
my allotment is in Street Somerset, just got it  today

clondalkingardener

• Not So New ...
« Reply #489 on: April 28, 2007, 13:29:25 »
Mine is in South West Dublin nearly into Kildare just got it last summer during the heatwave

bucks4x4

• make my day
« Reply #490 on: May 05, 2007, 21:40:20 »
mine is in darnall sheffield just got it today 5/5/07 lots of lovely weeding

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #491 on: May 05, 2007, 21:47:03 »
Have two in two villages in Warks. The village I live in and site of my first lottie is in Kitchen Garden Mag this month - Withybrook. Elmhurst Organic Farm are holding an event to raise funds for Macmillan cancer charity. I'll post details on the news site.

Green Pea

« Reply #492 on: May 05, 2007, 21:52:54 »
I'm On Estcourt Road in Gloucester!.......Anybody else on here with me?
Regards,
Green Pea

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #493 on: May 05, 2007, 22:08:58 »
Mine backs onto Winchester prison!  It's north facing, the prison wall is about 8 feet high, with an even higher bank on the wall, and HUGE self-seeded sycamore trees on the bank.  Gives too much shade, but loads of leaf mould.  Can't have sheds, though (escaping prisoners might try to hide in them!!!). It's 5 mins walk from home, which is great.  I share it with my two sons, and our name is near the top of the waiting list for another lottie, about 5 mins drive away, but where we can have a polytunnel.  I used to have a 8x14 ft greenhouse, and miss it so much.
The Tuscan Beaneater

iain

• Half Acre
« Reply #494 on: May 06, 2007, 02:51:02 »
Emma Jane I used to live in Romford, then moved to sunny Somerset  :) but I never had a lottie there as I had a large garden

iain

• Half Acre
« Reply #495 on: May 06, 2007, 02:55:41 »
I have a new lottie in Somerset' I moved from a half plot to a full on another site. As the other one was to waterlogged, and the other lottie holders a far more friendly, anyone else in Somerset

Iain

oubykh

• Half Acre
« Reply #496 on: May 14, 2007, 11:53:26 »
i've recently got my new one after being on a list for 2 1/2 years here in south wales. i previously helped my sister in law with her plot (when i say help i mine do all the work while she disappears!!)

Deva Duke

• Not So New ...
« Reply #497 on: May 14, 2007, 12:49:22 »
I have a half plot in Chester, the soil is fantastic to work with. Sheds are provided on all the plots. Have the chance to rent the adjacent plot, but need to clear and establish my own plot first.

glosterwomble

• Hectare
  • Gloucester - The South West
    • Fork it...a Gloucester allotment
« Reply #498 on: May 14, 2007, 14:45:08 »
Hi Green pea, I'm in Gloucester, would have loved a plot on Estcourt road but no spaces when we enquired. My plot is Tredworth fields / Hawthornes site, it's been in the news as one that developers want to build on!
View my blog on returning a totally
 overgrown plot in Gloucester
 into a productive allotment ... http://fork-in-hell.blogspot.com/

Si D

• Acre
    • North Birmingham CTC
« Reply #499 on: May 20, 2007, 20:13:41 »
Just taken the plunge and got a plot on the Court Lane site in Erdington, N.Birmingham. 

Would have liked to get Sheffield Rd or Sunny Bank but all full  :(  The allotments them selves at Court Lane seem very nice  - just that the surroundings are a little off putting (deafened by kids on mini-motos the other afternoon).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal