Author Topic: Where exactly is your lottie?  (Read 123946 times)

NattyEm

• Acre
    • Em and Lous Lottie
Re: Where exactly is your lottie?
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2005, 21:45:45 »
Frannie how spooky is that!!!! Yes, I run a recorder group and we did play at Brewers Quay at christmas!  That is soooo scary, you work there then?

As for lotties, been there friday, today going again tomorrow - it was like spring there on friday.  You can get free compost at the tip I think, haven't been to check it out yet.  No associations as far as I know, but I'm so new to it all.  Louisa asked the council man about it and he said there wasn't one. 

Bun

• Half Acre
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2005, 16:52:34 »
Hi Marianne. There are loads of lotties in Harlow. Ours was really easy to get, probably 'cos the whole site is so run down. Ours is in Long Ley. Have you thought about traveling to Harlow to get one? If you fancy it here's the number.
 Harlow Council’s Allotments Officer
(01279) 446997 – ask for Darren Fazackerley.

Hi Frannie, we're about  2 miles from Staple Tye. Small world, eh.

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #122 on: February 01, 2005, 20:24:34 »
lol, Wardy  ;D  Keep on dreaming - but with your eyes wide open!!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 23:43:45 by Wicker »
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Plottie

• Half Acre
  • MMM , Raspberries !!!
« Reply #123 on: February 02, 2005, 10:31:52 »
I'm in Preston Lancashire where there a a number of sites and plots on most of them are usually available.
Anyone else near by????

Plottie  :)

frannie

• Not So New ...
« Reply #124 on: February 06, 2005, 13:56:25 »
nattyem eh? i started at BQ in september and there was an e-mail from nattyem on my computer, which i took over from someone called emma! i was on the "ice rink" when the recorder group turned up!
bun - harlow seems so green now i only drive through it.  funny enough, more green than the part of dorset i moved to!  dont know what you got till its gone, do you?

NattyEm

• Acre
    • Em and Lous Lottie
« Reply #125 on: February 06, 2005, 14:43:04 »
well I probably spoke to you then! Such a small world!! Yup the email was from me, I'm Emma :)

Carrie

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #126 on: February 06, 2005, 14:57:29 »
My allotment is in Nunhead S.E.London on a site owned by Thames Water. It is on a south facing slope - so I might be able to get my tomatoes ripe in the summer - no  shade at all - and luckily for us a water tank right next door to our plot! Horrible thick claggy clay soil though.

nikkrud

• Not So New ...
« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2005, 11:10:39 »
Mine is in Ipswich in Suffolk, on a small site with 60ish plots. We have a shed selling the essentials on site, and water tanks dotted around.

I have 2 allotments next to each other on a steep, but sunny slope. For this reason, they are terraced into 5 levels going up the hill. This makes it easier for rotation, but difficult to manoeuvre manure up the hill! When I stand on the top level, I can see all around the town below me, bliss!

NattyEm

• Acre
    • Em and Lous Lottie
« Reply #128 on: February 07, 2005, 12:07:10 »
Which site are you on nikk? I used to live in Ipswich (I grew up there) and my friend has an allotment on the Spring Wood site which is huge and flat! (sorry!) I also have another friend with one but I forget which site she is on.

nikkrud

• Not So New ...
« Reply #129 on: February 07, 2005, 14:01:30 »
I have to say that I wouldnt change my hill plot for the world, even though it is really hard work!

Im on Spring Road next to the railway viaduct quite close to the town centre.

Talk about small world!

Nikk

NattyEm

• Acre
    • Em and Lous Lottie
« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2005, 14:14:00 »
eek looks like I know everyone...I'm not a stalker I promise.  You probably know of my friend then as now you've said it I'm pretty sure she's on Spring Road I'll PM you her name (incase she is internet shy and would prefer I didn't broadcast her!!) she does a lot of organic gardening stuff in Suffolk.

nikkrud

• Not So New ...
« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2005, 14:58:22 »
Yes, like you say, she does a lot of work to promote organics in Suffolk. A very nice lady.

EvieB

• Not So New ...
« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2005, 12:06:11 »
 ;D Hi, new member here from Widnes Cheshire. Got a 90x30 foot plot in Sunny Widnes. 1st year grower, had plot since September and just about ready to start growing.
 ;D
Are they Melons? (o)(o)

thistle

• Not So New ...
« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2005, 23:43:45 »
Another new member with a plot in Stoke Poges, which is just north of Slough (or south of Gerrard's Cross if you're posh  ;))  It's a small site with about 50 plots in a field.  No sheds, no hard-standing, no shop.  But we do have water, a gorgeous setting, the occasional delivery of fresh horse manure from local stables, and it costs £10.50 a year.  :)

Bun

• Half Acre
« Reply #134 on: February 09, 2005, 14:20:13 »
Hi thistle. I used to live near Stoke Poges. My sister kept her horses there & we used to go to the pub there, but I can't remember it's name.  It was a big white one standing on the corner.
We lived in Iver Heath, just opposite Pinewood Studios. I would walk to the shops in the morning & saw Cubby Brocolli being driven past (sp?) so often we became nodding buddies!  ;D

thistle

• Not So New ...
« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2005, 21:30:07 »
Hi Bun !  You might know my OH who grew up in Pinewood Green and also our friends who owned Pinewood Garage. Send me a private message if you fancy, as this is probably off-topic !  ;D   

Sarah-b

• Acre
« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2005, 11:00:38 »
Hey thistle and bun - I'm up the road in Chesham.
I used to work in Stoke Poges and then between Wexham and Fulmer (office parks).
Used to like a quick coffee and a cake in Jungs!
Can't picture any lotty's there though - whereabouts is it?

Sarah.

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2005, 16:17:24 »
ah carrie, just saw you replied here earlier.
nunhead - part of southwark, isn't it?

my new :D allotment (got the keys today - hooray!) is in walworth, just south of the elephant and castle. you would never know it's there - it's kept quiet by the lottie holders. only 15 plots on the site, and luckily for us the waiting list was 2, with 2 plots becoming available :D so good timing (we know about it because it's round the back of our house).
there seems to be a good mix of people on there - mostly older but very helpful types, and a few younger couples and singles. also, some are heavily into 'production' whereas others just bumble along with their stuff. each to their own - this is good as we will fit right in there somewhere on the scale ;)

Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #138 on: February 12, 2005, 18:07:34 »
Wow Wardy you are a devil for punishment arn't you ??? Give yourself a day off and have a good soak in a Radox bath, do a little leave a lot 8)

the_plotter

• Not So New ...
  • aaarg rain again!
« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2005, 10:19:04 »
I have two allotments at garthdee field in aberdeen.

the_plotter

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal