Author Topic: Strange weather  (Read 2703 times)

laurieuk

• Hectare
  • now retired
    • laurie mansers  garden hints
Strange weather
« on: April 26, 2016, 09:12:01 »
We have at times spoken about the strange weather we seem to get now but cold spells are not that unusual. As I grow daffodils to exhibit I note the different seasons by date and twice within the past years we have had snow on 10th April just in the middle of the showing season. I have fond that as long as you do nothing most blooms come back up good enough to show, this picture was taken no April 10th a few years ago and I cut for our show the next  Saturday.

Paulines7

• Hectare
Re: Strange weather
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 10:56:13 »
It was so cold here yesterday and then we had a shower which seemed to be a mixture of snow, hail and sleet.

artichoke

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 13:51:22 »
Yesterday I was caught out on my allotment when it started thundering, hailing and snowing shortly after it had been warm enough to remove a couple of layers of clothing. Waited 15 minutes to see if it would stop, then cycled home frozen through. Looking up just now, I see it is sleeting heavily again, though earlier this morning I was up there planting out gutters of peas in pleasantly sunny weather. Strange indeed. (East Sussex).

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 15:33:57 »
The Weather five minutes ago 15.25 on 27th April 2016

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal