Author Topic: Tiny... Tommy Toe tomatoes?  (Read 8018 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Tiny... Tommy Toe tomatoes?
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2016, 03:44:51 »
Silverleaf, speaking for myself I have a thing about all things miniature, dollshouse, knitting, collecting etc and so they fit right in. In a more practical way I can then grow them under lights through the winter when all my others have gone. I grow all kinds of salad stuff too and microgreens,  I just enjoy them.

I also grow the dwarfs from the Dwarf project which is fascinating.

Some of these tinies were bred to be grown in space under lights, those spacemen have gotta get their veggies!!

I won't but bagged salad it scares me but I like the small leaves so growing it in the winter is good. The power bils are less than I would pay for the bagged salad anyway and I can pick it fresh.

The trick with all of them , for my point of view, is to keep sowing and planting. There is not a lot of fruit or leaves at any one time so keeping them going is the answer for me.

Try it, it is fun

XX Jeannine

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2016, 06:04:30 »
I like crocheting small things! Recently I made a squirrel that's about 1" tall... ;)

Growing under lights sounds interesting, but I'm not convinced my house is warm enough to grow toms in winter and I don't have much space! I might try growing some plants for my rabbits indoors though, they love fresh grass and weeds and it would make a change from the plants I dry for them for winter.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2016, 21:44:29 »
My plants are not in a heated room, they get the heat from the lights during the day but they are off at night. I doubt if my room is any colder than a greenhouse at night. This year my light fitting is in my bedroom as it is the only window that gives me good natural morning light and that helps. I have  fan on all night so it can get quite cool.
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2016, 08:00:19 »
Progress report. The original  indeterminate Tommy Toe is growing as it should shooting away and currently about a foot high

Tiny Toes from the odd Tommy Toe  branch is growing as well, strong and green and about 3 inches high,

Tiniest Toes is also growing well, and is growing identical to Tiny Toes at this point.

XX Jeannine

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal