General > Computers / Internet

HELP !!.. new laptop

(1/3) > >>

Jeannine:
Hi my new laptop arrived yesterday and I have two problems with it already but I have a feeling it is me.

The keys on the keyboard are not doing what they should

eg if I use shift over the 2 I should get a @ , but I don't, I get a "    The @ sign is coming when I do a shift over the '  apostrophe

Shifting over the 3 gives me a £ when it should give me a cross hatch..it isn't anywhere else by the way.

Is this a fault with the machine or am I able to change something    HELP

XX Jeannine

johhnyco15:
i think its the new type of keyboard mine has the same as yours as i only finger type i wouldnt know it any different lol

daveyboi:
You need to set your keyboard language to US not US International or European which should solve it.

Applies to Windows 10   

1.Go to Settings > Time & language > Region & language.

2.Choose one of your languages, then select Set as default.

If it is not there already select add and it will download and install your chosen one

daveyboi:
I see from the other topic you are on Windows 7 or 8 you will find the settings in control panel under Clock, Language, and Region

Jeannine:
When I started it yesterday it asked if I wanted English or US. I told it English as I was fed up of the other correcting my English spelling so I thought I was doing right. However when I turned the machine on it slowly took me through the setting up now I am not sure how to get back to that bit.  XX Jeannine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version