Author Topic: Seed Saving Circle 2016?  (Read 125317 times)

Debs

• Hectare
  • If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!!
Re: Seed Saving Circle 2016?
« Reply #320 on: February 13, 2017, 17:01:02 »
Thankyou Galina - can't wait to see the parcel of goodies.
Compost to be bought asap, and might just get a heated propagater
Any  suggestions at a reasonable price ??

Debs  :icon_flower:

pumkinlover

« Reply #321 on: February 14, 2017, 07:43:18 »
Thanks again Galina looking forward to the parcel arriving 🤗

earlypea

• Hectare
« Reply #322 on: February 14, 2017, 09:52:37 »
First to say GOT THEM  :blob7: :blob7: :wave:

Having a coffee and browsing through them  :coffee2:

Thank you very much Galina.

Thank you all.

clumsy

• Half Acre
« Reply #323 on: February 14, 2017, 12:10:33 »
Just got back from hospital caught the postman at the right time. Wow the seeds arrived quick. Thank you galina.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #324 on: February 14, 2017, 13:03:18 »
Glad the first packets have arrived :sunny:  I can now play with mine too  :wave:

penedesenca

• Half Acre
« Reply #325 on: February 14, 2017, 15:16:07 »
Thank you, thank you, thank you  :icon_cheers: They have landed safe and sound and I will have hours of fun!  :toothy10:

Thank you Galina for sorting it and thank you everyone for the  goodies.  :happy7:

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #326 on: February 15, 2017, 09:38:14 »
Woo hoo, how exciting!
Thankyou so much for all your hard work, and for every bodies generosity.
I'm making a plan to save more and use more interesting and open source seeds.
X sunloving

Debs

• Hectare
  • If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!!
« Reply #327 on: February 15, 2017, 11:11:20 »
Woo Hoo !!!!!
Parcel arrived this morning - thankyou Galina x

Debs :icon_flower:

Elfeda

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #328 on: February 15, 2017, 13:03:40 »
Got the parcel in this morning, about to open...Thanks to you all great seed sharers  :angel11:

sunloving

• Hectare
« Reply #329 on: February 15, 2017, 13:53:51 »
Ooh jealous!

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #330 on: February 16, 2017, 08:45:47 »
Thank you so much galina , arrived Tuesday, I am just back so when I've done what I have to.....ill be in my element . Thankyou ,you've done us all proud.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #331 on: February 16, 2017, 09:29:55 »
Glad the packets are arriving speedily :sunny:  One of the disadvantages of having them checked prior to sending is that the post lady made  v e r y  sure that first went in the first class bag and second in the second class post bag.  When I put stamps on and put them in the postbox myself, they often go first with second class stamps on.  Sorry Sunloving, the continental service does take a few days extra.  I asked whether there was a fast and a slower service as I didn't want yours and Ruud's to be delivered by rowing boat service,  and was assured this is the fastests (outside of very expensive one-day international deliveries).  Hope the outstanding packets get to their destinations safely and speedily.  :wave:

sunloving

• Hectare
« Reply #332 on: February 16, 2017, 11:28:32 »
Oh wow mine arrived this morning, what an amazing parcel, I've not been in a swap before and I'm overwhelmed by all the amazing new varieties to try, for the first time I've got a permenantly home and lots of space ( an acre) and It will be wonderful to have such interesting varieties in those new beds outside and in! Propagator is plugged in and the compost is warming in the house. Yippee!  :blob7: :wave: :toothy10: :icon_cheers: :icon_cheers:
Thankyou all and can't wait to see how we all get on! X sunloving

pumkinlover

« Reply #333 on: February 16, 2017, 12:43:06 »
Just got back from the allotment to find my package safely arrived.
Massive thanks to everyone and especially Galina. :icon_cheers:

ruud

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #334 on: February 17, 2017, 17:03:44 »
Yeaah seeds arrived safe at my doorway today,thanks a lot.

martinburo

• Half Acre
« Reply #335 on: February 18, 2017, 01:26:18 »
Thank you galina, thank you all.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #336 on: February 18, 2017, 07:15:21 »
Nearly all arrived safely, only one packet we don't know about yet.  The overseas postal service has pulled out all the stops and your lovely smile says it all sunloving.   :sunny:

Debs there are electric propagators out there on Google from about 15 to 300 pounds and upwards.  At the lower price you just get one that gets to about 25C in a cool room or slightly above, at the more expensive end you have full temperature control and inbuilt grow lights.  For about 60 or 70 you get the lower priced temperature controlled propagators.  Mine is a cheapie bought a long time ago from Aldi, a shade under 20 pounds, it is a larger size (the small ones are just not big enough but otherwise without frills.  The one with a really excellent reputation on the pricey end is a Vitopod.

Robert sent a pm, his seeds have also arrived.

Please let me know any information for our mini catalogue you wish to add and pictures too.  Where I have no information I add Google and HSL information so that people know a little more about the varieties in the packets, but it is much better to get such information first hand from the seed grower personally. 

Here is the url:  http://seedsaverscircle.org/a4a-seed-saver-group-2016/

Thank you everybody and please let us know when the last packet arrives.  :wave:

sparrow

• Acre
    • mudandgluts
« Reply #337 on: February 18, 2017, 10:06:53 »
I'm away at the moment, back late tonight to check on things. Will let you know if there's anything outside my door...:)

sunloving

• Hectare
« Reply #338 on: February 18, 2017, 10:29:26 »
A little info Biquhino I isolated these with net curtain but also grew Hungarian carrot and sweet bite peppers so there may be a bit of movement in shape and heat . Small orange chilli mild and tastes of pineapple.

Salmon flowered pea, this came from Galina or goodlife in 2012 meet up? Grows with a fascinated stem and produces flowers and fruit in a flush at the crown. Makes a great early show of pink flowers. Pods have around 4-5 peas for shelling as not super sweet for eating raw.but really useful to have them all ready at once for harvesting.

Sweet corn early king x golden bantam just an experiment really with two strong and early growers. Kernels already show small proportion of black which indicates a mixed heritage ( black kernels are just as yummy as yellow ) did great in muddy wet irish summer I ate them raw for lunches on many days lovely and sweet even without the sun. Mixed both ways( king pollen on bantam tassels and bantam pollen on king tassels.)  pot luck!

Not ideal but hey ho

penedesenca

• Half Acre
« Reply #339 on: February 19, 2017, 06:44:53 »
Potato Onions

Originally from Pontyzfield Nurseries. They can be planted in Autumn, however I plant mine in Spring to reduce the risk of any rotting off from the weather. Each onion will multiply and will usually give 5-7 onions ranging from marble size to golf ball. They are a mild onion and work well in place of shallots, although I find they tend to store better. I have been growing mine for around six years and it was only last year I had a couple flower, so very unusual. I have never noticed a difference between planting small and large onions but there is a belief that small onions give large onions and large onions multiply (in my experience it is cobblers).

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal