General > Computers / Internet

Leave this page?

<< < (2/2)

Digeroo:
Many thanks now I have cleared all the malware out the messages have gone. 

Used Malwarebytes and it found 71 problems!!!

I think it was trying to attack my bank account, because I have about 9 automated calls  from Lloyds security over the weekend.   

Must have had them for sometime because the computer is surfing is much quicker and smoother now. 

Jayb:
Very glad you have it sorted and you caught it before any serious damage. Do you have to change all your passwords and things?

Digeroo:
I have not changed all my passwords perhaps I should.  I have changed quite a few.  I am fairly sure it came via yahoo because 'yahoo' appeared in quite a number of files that were infected. 

I am still now sure that I understand the difference between a virus, a Trojan and malware.  Seems the protection software simply say that you have the wrong type, if they do not detect the problem!!!  As for not covering windows 10 that is outrageous.  I did not ask for it, I do not want it, I still hate it.   Basically anyone with windows 10 would appear to have a security risk if that is the case.

It is revealing that Mcafee say they have got rid of 9 viruses of which 2 were malware and 2 were Trojans so not clear why they said this Trojan was not covered.  Basically I do not think they are up to date enough. 

BT said I would have to take the computer to an engineer to get it fixed, so still cannot quite believe in the end it was relatively easy.   

Obelixx:
Thanks for this.   Been having the same problem on this site and the GW forum since a recent automatic software update.    Will give it a go and see what happens.

Obelixx:
Done.   Brilliant.   Thanks again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version