General > Computers / Internet

Leave this page?

(1/2) > >>

Digeroo:
Suddenly started getting this message everytime I click on anything on this site, and some others.  Anyone know how to get rid of it, it is sending me bonkers.

If I click on a link of course I want to leave the page I am on and go to another one.

Palustris:
Which Browser are you using?

BarriedaleNick:
This is normally a message produced by the site you are on if it thinks you have not completed a text box or similar.  So on Facebook if you start a post and don't post it then the site has some code that will pop up a message - asking if you want to leave the page or something similar.  As far as I can see there is no code that runs on this site that does that, so either your browser is in a pickle or you may have a bit of malware or possibly even by some dubious advert.

Firstup before anything - reboot.  Yes - Switch your PC off and on again.  If it still does it report back.  Are you running Skype by any chance?

ancellsfarmer:
Time to do a full scan using your antivirus protection! If necessary, you could download Avira for free. Dont download a "package" or you will get more than you bargained for!!!

Tee Gee:
I think you might have been affected by some malware I even had some on my new computer before I even used it in earnest.

I contacted my security software company because I wondered why it was not picking it up and they advised me to use the trial version of Malwarebytes and do a scan.

I did and I found over one thousand infections and that's on a new computer. These are not viruses hence my virus protection not picking them up.

I am led to believe that some of these infections can do funny things to a computer.

The  software cleared the lot in one go and my computer then worked as you would expect a new computer to do.

I did regular checks during the month trial and found that at most scans there were no infections but the few that there were were soon removed.

So this approach might be worth a try, if nothing else you will get a few scans FOC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version