Author Topic: Using a rotavator on very wet soil possibly in the rain  (Read 22599 times)

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: Using a rotavator on very wet soil possibly in the rain
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2016, 08:38:09 »
 :icon_cheers: Glad it went well, sounds like you are well on your way to taming your plot.
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2016, 08:40:11 »
Hi everyone, we took the hired rotavator back yesterday as the weather forecast here is so awful right through to next weekend. The soil was almost too wet to use it on Friday so we knew we wouldn't have any chance to use it again. HSS were brilliant & only charged us for one day at the 70% off offer so we didn't lose out on all the money we had paid to have the machine until Tuesday. My small back garden is actually flooded this morning so my plot will be way too wet to even touch the soil at the moment.

Galina great minds think alike  :toothy10: we did build a large cold frame on the plot yesterday despite 30 mile an hour winds & rain....I plan to sow some leeks & lettuces in the comfort of my warm home today...I haven't grown peas before but plan to so thank you for the tip about sowing them in trays I would never have thought to do that. I have been collecting up the supermarket deep trays from all the fruit packaging in the hope they would be good for seeds, great to hear that they will work well.

The fruit bushes will have to wait a bit longer before going in but I'm sure another week won't bother them too much. If we had tried to dig by hand the fruit wouldn't be going in for another month!

I think I am probably mad enough to brave the rainy weather when the winds die down (could be 60 miles an hour today) & get my raised beds built. I've made a membraned central path so I can get the beds in to the sides of it without standing on the soil I want to grow on  :icon_cheers:

Hope everyone has a lovely Easter despite the awful weather xjane     

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2016, 09:00:42 »
LOL bit gutted I didn't get a chance to put the guttering on the shed & water butts fitted....think we are getting enough rain this week to have filled them all. So if the winds die down a bit that should be my next job really.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal