Author Topic: Battery operated tools  (Read 2272 times)

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Battery operated tools
« on: February 22, 2016, 11:28:22 »
Does anyone have any experience of stuff like the RYOBI 18V ONE+ system or the Makita one battery does it all systems. 
I am looking to spend a bit of money but not having used the systems I couldn't say what would be best.  Makita is generally considered the better of the two but Ryobi do also produce a load more kit.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

ACE

• Hectare
Re: Battery operated tools
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 15:49:17 »
I've been tempted a few times, but I have most of the tools I want even if they are on separate batteries. But I was once talking to somebody about his kit and he warned me about some of the makers prices for extra batteries, as they don't last for ever.    Something you need to check out first. Also I noticed he had a pretty good inverter wired into his van for charging when away from the mains.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Re: Battery operated tools
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 17:21:47 »
Cheers Ace - There are also differently rated batteries for the same system so it isn't easy on the brain cell. My trusty old B and D drill has gone south recently and I have a few mains powered bits that are quite old so I thought I might treat myself,  However they aren't cheap so I better make the right choice!
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal