Author Topic: Knitting  (Read 3263 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Knitting
« on: April 05, 2013, 19:12:35 »
As the weather has been so cold I have not been to the lovely allotment lately.  Tomorrow may be better, and my seed addiction has changed/I have got too many.  The ones I have planted so far, are not doing too well, so have got an new addiction.  Knitting magazines/wool and patterns.  I have knitted fingerless gloves, an owl and baby blanket, anyone got any good patterns for charity knits, not too hard to knit, but not too easy as it gets a bit boring.  Crochet not doing so good, find knitting easier.  All that lovely wool in different colours, so exciting.

Mrs Tweedy

• Quarter Acre
Re: Knitting
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 21:08:49 »
I haven't got any knitting patterns, I embroider, quilt and quill, but I did see a couple of knitting books in the Chingford Hobbycraft and thought that they looked really good.

There was one on with patterns for making cafetiere warmers and another for  tea cosies. they didn't look too difficult and my sister who knows all things textiles says that caffetiere and tea cosies are the new in thing.  :wave:

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 21:26:28 »
Try the library they often have good knitting/crochet/embroidery books

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 22:19:05 »
Funny you should say that Borlottie, I took up sewing and crocheting again to while away the time.  Try Ravelry for free knitting/crochet patterns.  www.ravelry.com  Made a couple of baby kimonos, crochet tennis shoes and crochet baseball boots from their free patterns.

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 22:57:10 »
Addendum: The Ravelry pattern instructions tend to be American English but quite easy to translate.  You might be interested in the Knitting Paradise forum which is worldwide but mainly American.

susan1

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 02:26:54 »
I may have some that I can send took up knitting when I was going through chemo I will look to see what I can send you

small

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 08:31:44 »
A friend of mine knits a lot for this charity
http://www.gfafrica.com/#/baby-clothes/4557393185
(don't know if that will show as a link), she also knits for the local prem baby unit, or if you just google oxfam knitting then there's some ideas there.
That should make the sun shine so we can get back to gardening.....

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 10:42:16 »
Thanks everyone, the sun is shining here today in London, so better get digging and planting.  :wave: :wave:

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 20:16:01 »
Nice to see a knitting post. I'm currently knitting hats.
Jackie

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal