Author Topic: Long time no see  (Read 5703 times)

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
Long time no see
« on: January 31, 2016, 19:17:10 »
Evening to anyone who remembers me!

I've had a little look around and have seen some familiar names  :hello: Its been about 2 years since I was here. I hope everyone I knew is keeping well and I look forward to chatting again
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
Re: Long time no see
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 20:11:00 »
Nice to see you back

daveyboi

• Hectare
  • Have fun enjoy your allotment
    • Daveyboi's Blog and personal website
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 20:24:15 »
Yes very nice to have you pop in to say hello again. I often wonder what has become of people that have posted a lot over the years that just stop and leaving me hoping that all is well with them and nothing bad has happened.
Daveyboi
Near Haywards Heath Southern U.K.

Visit My Blog if you would like to

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 20:51:13 »
............ just as Daveyboi said!  Welcome back, Star.   :wave:

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 21:33:35 »
Welcome back from me too.

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 21:43:49 »
Yes, a very warm welcome, and a good time to return at the beginning of the allotment year!

pumkinlover

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 07:36:50 »
Welcome back  :happy7:

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 08:22:53 »
Welcome back, Star.   :icon_cheers:

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 11:54:56 »
Welcome back!  :sunny:
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 14:04:16 »
Hello again stranger,long time no see!

Welcome back!

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 14:29:53 »
Hi Star and a few other familiar names  :icon_cheers: This site helped me through the awful time when OH died 6 years ago and I haven't
been on here much recently as I took up lots of new things and life got hectic. Still have my allotment tho  :toothy10:
marg 
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 15:44:15 »
Welcome from me too Star. I still remember knitting the squares for Jeannine's blankets and all the work you put into stitching them together!

Tricia

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 16:37:29 »
Hello star, it's lovely to comeback, I just loged back in after a couple of years with no plot. Here's to a. Fab gardening year ahead for all. X sun loving

star

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2016, 08:44:44 »
Hello there everyone! :icon_sunny: :wave:
Life has a strange way of changing what used to be a normal day. Before you know it, time has passed and then you start thinking about how yoo used to spend time, chatting, and laughing. Learning and experimenting. And busy sowing, planting and growing.
Sadly my passion for growing is not what it was, ill health has meant I cannot enjoy the daily grind of preparing the ground and maintaining my beds. I do have a few more house plants than I had time for....they are not nearly as exciting as seeing seeds explode into life, pricking out and growing on. Eventually ending up on the dinner table.
But on the bright side Im stable, and manage to do a lot of things still.
Im still able to banter and if I can remember how to do things......even give advice  :merror:....hahaha
Its good to see so many faces from back then. A lot can happen in a short space of time

:toothy4:

daveyboi

• Hectare
  • Have fun enjoy your allotment
    • Daveyboi's Blog and personal website
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2016, 10:44:40 »
Star I am sure your advice would be welcome by the newbies we still get joining us.

I was wondering if you have considered maybe growing a bush tomato plant or two as a house plant just to enjoy the fun assuming you like tomatoes.

Daveyboi
Near Haywards Heath Southern U.K.

Visit My Blog if you would like to

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2016, 21:06:34 »
Hi Star...and everybody,I too have not posted for yonks too,a combination if me getting over (a long time back now)a illness...and then nearly losing the Mrs to(silly owd trout got pneumonia halfway through her  chemo)  breast cancer. And like you Star my passion for growing is not what it was,I've still got my allotments and although I keep them clean and tidy I don't grow half as much these days.......but that is all about to change this year, now that the owd trout is back keeping me on me toes ,and for the first time in a long time I'm itching to get in my garden and that's got to be good. So your advice is much need Star.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2016, 15:56:04 »
Nice to see you back.  Lots of the old guard are still here.  I have become addicted to TGs jigsaw puzzles.

It is frustrating when health pulls you down.  My plot is in a mess and I am not sure how I am going to get it back on track.  I rather did the minimum last year and the nettles have taken advantage big time.

My enthusiasm is waning, but I am hoping to get going again when the weather picks up. 

Maybe you can have a few pots of edibles to satisfy your need to see seedlings appear.  A few salad leaves on the windowsill perhaps.

star

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2016, 08:40:42 »
Its lovely to see old friends, and how many of us who left for a while and retrned again!

Its a good idea growing a bush tom indoors...I hadnt thought of that, it wouldnt take much either...thanks Davyboi.Thats a project!

Im just watching the woman across the road trotting in and out of the car in her slippers and dressing gown yelling at her teenage daughter to get a move on for school....who needs tv? People havent got a clue how dumb they look when they are angry!  :laughing7:

I dont go on the pc as often as I used to either, but I will be lurking somewhere in the ether.

Thanks so much for the welcomes everyone, and welcome back to those of you, like me, have returned after a break. xxx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal