General > Top Tips

Seed storage solutions?

<< < (2/3) > >>

johhnyco15:
ed you are the main man   :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:

ancellsfarmer:
O K folks, Do you
a) test a few to sprout?
b) blend last years with new to stretch ?
c) plant, wait, curse, plant again (with new)
d) add the old to the bird feeders and start again?
e) Use up old to grow micro greens, and buy new?
f) Keep the large seeded, and scrap the tiny?
g)Carefully put away but buy new anyway once the magic catalogues arrive?

gray1720:
Well, in answer to ancellsfarmer's question, I'm a B - though I do hang on to some stuff far too long, last year discovered lettuce seed I'd bought in 2007!

Storagewise I've used a similar system to Ed's, but would like to be more organised. I am considering finding a nice box and making my own dividers, which would mean I could custom-size them. But that means finding a box and time!

Adrian

penedesenca:
I use old video cases. I used to have a large box where they were ordered into whas beds they were planted in, then into sowing month within that category but  I always had packs that slid underneath and I would then end up buying new thinking I ran out. I have done the video box system over a year and am so glad I got to pinch the idea off someone else   :happy7:

johhnyco15:

--- Quote from: penedesenca on January 30, 2016, 21:28:25 ---I use old video cases. I used to have a large box where they were ordered into whas beds they were planted in, then into sowing month within that category but  I always had packs that slid underneath and I would then end up buying new thinking I ran out. I have done the video box system over a year and am so glad I got to pinch the idea off someone else   :happy7:

--- End quote ---
that sounds like a good idea i might venture up into the loft for a raiding party

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version