Author Topic: Record player with USB output  (Read 2590 times)

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
Record player with USB output
« on: January 23, 2016, 10:25:08 »
Since I can't get in teh garden at the mo I've been sorting stuff in the attic.

I have a collection of old LPS and singles stashed away that I haven't been able to listen to for years and am thinking of buying a new deck so I can play them as not many are available in CD form.

Can anyone recommend a good deck and has anyone found one that connects to a PC to store copies of LPs?  I did buy one a few years ago but the sound quality was dreadful - no Dolby, no equalizer etc.   

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.
Obxx - Vendée France

daveyboi

• Hectare
  • Have fun enjoy your allotment
    • Daveyboi's Blog and personal website
Re: Record player with USB output
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 10:59:12 »
This might sound a little odd to you but I would suggest maybe going to a DJ equipment store and asking their advice.

There are quite a lot of cheap things out there but that goes along with poor quality.  I think you will find the software and computer standards are as important if you are going the usb record / replay route.

Sound quality is also so dependant on the speaker quality and if this is for only occasional use would suggest good quality headphones as a cheaper option.
Daveyboi
Near Haywards Heath Southern U.K.

Visit My Blog if you would like to

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
Re: Record player with USB output
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 11:20:57 »
Good idea.  There's a DJ/sound shop I use for bits for our dance club.

I want to be able to play the records at home but also record them for playing in the car on long journeys.  Have them all on tape but they're no use either now but it does mean my records are in good condition.
Obxx - Vendée France

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal