Author Topic: Feeling virtuous........  (Read 2106 times)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Feeling virtuous........
« on: January 09, 2016, 16:24:15 »
Storm damage to my greenhouse a few weeks ago, and I have been putting off the very necessary repairs. Ran out of the good 'G' sprung clips.....then didn't have enough little 'z' clips as well.....then it rained the whole week I was on annual leave, and then it was Christmas, then New Year...... on it went. Then frost is predicted for next week, so the situation came to a head this morning.

It was dry.
No wind.
The new clips had arrived.
I had run out of excuses...

So I bit the bullet.

Of course it was the longest, highest drop of glass that had shifted, luckily none of the toughened glass had broken, so I took the coward's way out and tackled the smallest run of shifted panels first. That went well apart from the sticky double sided foam only wanted to stick to my fingers rather than the framework, many unladylike curses ensued.....

Second run of panels...the highest run of panels. Up a ladder, which had been propped against the garage so long ivy had welded it to the side, at least it was secure!  But also immovable. Bugger. I ended up balancing on one leg at an angle, then trying to turn around to face the way I needed to be..... I could see health and safety films flashing before my eyes as it all went together quite nicely!
One run to go.....managed to get to the last bit of glass,the OH comes out and offers to help.............where were you two hours ago!!!!

Anyhow...it's all repaired and weather proof again, so I can start sowing my shallot seeds soon and it won't be long before the chillies and tomatoes will be out of their packets..... :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal