Author Topic: Cunning plan failed  (Read 2734 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Cunning plan failed
« on: December 28, 2015, 08:58:32 »
I love all sorts of music, I hope other people do as well, but music ceases to be music when it is dressed up a country and western (spit). I bet you can all guess what the Yeti in Pink Knickers loves to listen to, Yep, Dolly Parton wailing away and Waylon Jennings howling about anything sad. Waylon! what sort of name is that anyway.

So in an act of kindness, I gave her a I-poddy thing that she can load all her crap on and then listen through earphones without contaminating the my eardrums with the god awful sound. I even spent hours  loading the thing up with all her CDs. Peace, beautiful, I don't even have to talk to her as the things you bung in your ears cut out any thoughts of conversation.

Two days and not a whisper of the Man in Black or any of his miserable cronies , TYIPK is walking around smiling and pleased as punch with her present. While I sit in peace without being assaulted with the so called music.

Then as the season is a good reason to stuff my face with all sorts of rich food, the rennies were running low so she popped out to get some. But she came home with with more than a little box of minty anti flatulence tablets. 'Look what they had on offer in the shop' she proudly shouts, and shows me a little box of tricks for I-poddy things and amongst the wires, chargers and protective covers was  mini speaker, not just any mini speaker, but a mini speaker that if you 'accidently' drop when nobody is looking still carries on blaring out it's tinny sound.

Now the earbuds are stuck in my ears, not connected, but they seem better than cotton wool while Waylon the bar steward and that tart Dolly regale the neighbourhood with a caterwauling sound in stereo that makes the local dogs run, tails between legs for cover. The bloody thing even works underwater.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
Re: Cunning plan failed
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 09:56:04 »
The best laid plans of mice and....rats?

It seems the Yeti has her ways of winning in the end tho I do sympathise about C&W - 95% is pretty bad but there are some really good ones too.
Obxx - Vendée France

daveyboi

• Hectare
  • Have fun enjoy your allotment
    • Daveyboi's Blog and personal website
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 16:20:48 »
Oh dear Ace I do sympathise but I must admit this had me rolling around the floor with laughter.
Daveyboi
Near Haywards Heath Southern U.K.

Visit My Blog if you would like to

Vinlander

• Hectare
  • North London - heavy but fertile clay
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 12:08:17 »
I do sympathise about C&W - 95% is pretty bad but there are some really good ones too.

That 5% is 99.99% Bluegrass - it may use similar instruments but is ENTIRELY different in every way that matters. Usually tone & tempo but always and most importantly intent.

Normally it's only C&W fans that can't tell the difference *.

For me the key is in the first 4 letters - and like the Blues it reflects an indomitable spirit - ie. I've hit bottom and the only way is up - whereas C&W is all about total surrender to despair - but in the noisiest, whinging, whiniest way possible.

I'm sure the suicides that deliberately make a big public mess are C&W fans - not for them a personal choice to peacefully end their own torment - they want to snarl up the rail network of an entire city in the process  :BangHead:

Just a thought - though I'm very much with Father Ted on this one - it's a genuine problem - depression and C&W - chicken and egg.

Cheers.

* PS. One other possibility is schadenfreude - "I like it because someone is whining more than I am" (though actually they aren't really suffering - they are getting paid so the last laugh is on you).
With a microholding you always get too much or bugger-all. (I'm fed up calling it an allotment garden - it just encourages the tidy-police).

The simple/complex split is more & more important: Simple fertilisers Poor, complex ones Good. Simple (old) poisons predictable, others (new) the opposite.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal