Author Topic: done for dec  (Read 2861 times)

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
done for dec
« on: December 28, 2015, 17:29:51 »
done all my jobs listed for december  get to start on jans jobs early what jobs you starting for the new season or is the weather in your part of the world holding you back
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

sparrow

• Acre
    • mudandgluts
Re: done for dec
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 18:12:14 »
Am a bit stuck till the wet recedes. This time of year I do envy all you people with lighter soil. My paths are sodden and the lower ones have standing water in them...Will go back to playing with seeds.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 19:36:16 »
i feel your pain before i moved to clacton i had a plot in chingford it was on a steep hill all clay and i was at the bottom very wet all the water came down the hill

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 09:13:54 »
I have very well draining soil.  Though things at the moment are a bit soggy and slippery.  Please remember that the downside of well drained soil is all the watering that needs to be done in the summer.  So its swings and roundabouts.

I am on a slope so expect the bottom to be very wet indeed.  But we have not been suffering as much as those up north. 

Been very mild, I still have some geraniums in pots by the doorstep in flower. 

I still have some sprouts to be picked. 

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 21:09:51 »
yers indeed here at clacton its very sandy i put on average 1tonne of well rotted horse manure every year  and every year i have to waterlike mad and on my site its all by hand pumpin the summer it like its a knockout buckets barrows cans and water everywhere lol

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal