Author Topic: Chomolia seeds to offer  (Read 4495 times)

winecap

• Acre
    • Jon's Allotment
Chomolia seeds to offer
« on: December 17, 2015, 23:01:12 »
I collected some seeds from my chomolia last year and have been meaning to offer them, but I managed to misplace them! Good news - I just found them again. Chomolia is a white flowering perennial Kale of some sort. It seems to flower quite freely. I recently dug up my original plants as they were getting quite large and were shading the greenhouse.  In three years the stems had got to 3 or 4 inches thick and were not that easy to uproot.
So, if anybody would like some seed, it is available as a swap or you can send a stamped addressed envelope. I got over 80% germination when I tested it. I have a few hundred seed but haven't tried a precise count. Thought I would see what interest there is and then divide accordingly. Can't guarantee the seed will come true, but if not you may get something interesting!
If you want to offer a swap of anything out of the ordinary I may be interested, but would particularly like to find Nine Star Perennial Broccoli.
Am thinking I will probably let this run for a week or two and then distribute it, but if I get swamped with requests, it will be first come first served, or if you have nine star perennial broccoli you get to jump to the front of the queue. Please PM requests. Thanks.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
Re: Chomolia seeds to offer
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 08:12:42 »
Just to let you know that Nine Star Perennial seed is available atm from Pennard Seeds.  £3 and they don't have a postage charge.

http://www.pennardplants.com/search.php?pg=1&stext=nine+star+perennial&sprice=&stype=&scat=

:wave:

winecap

• Acre
    • Jon's Allotment
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 22:15:31 »
Thanks for the tip, but it says its out of stock. Every other supplier also seems to say the same at the moment.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 22:34:22 »
Thanks for the tip, but it says its out of stock. Every other supplier also seems to say the same at the moment.

You are right, but it was in stock when I wrote the reply for you.  Seems to go fast when traders have it in.  Good luck finding some.  Maybe you could ask to be notified when they have it again.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal