Author Topic: My little helper  (Read 6911 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
My little helper
« on: December 02, 2015, 13:17:41 »
Dulce reminds me of Pooh bear, what are you doing today, well I am doing that too.  Helping with the washing, yes I know I have to wash your throw so you can sit on the settee without scratching it.  Then he had to sit in the jigsaw box, which you are getting too fat for, and help me with my knitting.  Watch out cat, hoovering next which you hate.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Re: My little helper
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 14:48:31 »
Here are mine!  Helping out with the baking...

Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 15:43:23 »
Lovely photos of Dulce.

My two don't do a lot to help.  Winnie helps by stripping the wallpaper and doesn't seem to understand that it was only put on the walls 2 years ago, just before they came.  He will often act as an alarm clock in the mornings if he wants to go out.  William just uses his tray so isn't bothered if the cat flap is still locked. 

They both help with bringing in the food and that's fine, but I have never fancied mouse pie or rat fritters.  The meat is fresh though and sometimes still running around.  We lost a rat for 3 days and it eventually turned up on the TV stand, cleaning its whiskers.  They both dragged in a partridge once.  How they got it through the cat flap between them I don't know.  It was as big as they were. 

Yesterday I found a carton of cod liver oil capsules on the kitchen floor.  I knew I hadn't brought it downstairs but remembered I had the drawer out on my bed that contains my medication and supplements.  One of the cats must have gone into my bedroom, picked up the carton in his mouth, taken it downstairs and put it on the kitchen floor.  He left a few teeth marks and scratches on the lid as evidence, but fortunately, he couldn't get the top off. 

I expect your Dulce still misses his mate but at least you can keep him amused with your knitting and jigsaws.   

Here are my two sitting on my lap, ready for a snooze.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 15:55:18 »
Do they have their own mixing bowls, or did they do a swap (copy cats).  Lovely pictures.  Your two Pauline, remind of Dulce and Gabanna.  Poor Gabanna, never found out what happened to him (foxes I think).  OH pretends he doesn't like Dulce but those two are always sitting on the settee and he shares his sea food with Dulce and brushes him, so think Dulce has won him over.  My siamese cat used to rip off the wallpaper but Dad said it wasn't the cats fault, cause in those days the wallpaper paste smelt of fish.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 16:46:57 »
They swap! As soon as one got out the other had to get in..
Well jealous of the lap cats above - mine wont sit on my lap.  Perhaps I am too fidgety.
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 20:34:29 »
Miserable day today in not so sunny Enfield.  Dulce decided he would stay in bed all day, not allowed on the bed, but OH was out, was going to the lovely allotment but so wet.  Then Dulce decided to have a good sleep in the kitchen where the heating pipes are or whatever.  I went out and got wet, clever cat stayed at home.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 21:01:49 »
Dulce wanted to come to Morrisons with me as he likes their Saver fish, but I only got a knitting mag, but decided to jump on the shopping trolley, knock it over, and go in it for a good sleep.

AnnieD

• Half Acre
  • Royston, North Herts, very chalky
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 10:18:10 »
I had a little helper in the garden yesterday
Located in Royston, North Herts.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 11:47:59 »
Ahhh!  That's lovely Annie.  Here too, they are so tame in winter.  I wonder whether they miss the company of other birds and get closer to humans because of it. Ours are more distant in summer :wave:

pumkinlover

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 12:48:31 »
Apparently robins on the continent are not friendly like ours are or so I have been told.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal