Photo Gallery > Fun Photos

The Daily Jigsaw Puzzle - Tatton Park Show Gardens

<< < (3/5) > >>

Tee Gee:
Todays jigsaw is titled:

A Stainless Century

This exhibit represents the centenary of the Invention of Stainless Steel in Sheffield, and was awarded 'Best in Show'

The water rill represents the flow of molten steel flowing out of a crucible.

The pond in the foreground consists of scraps of stainless steel.

The Pergola represents the Peace Garden in the centre of the city.

After the show the garden was re-erected in in the ground of a Retirement Home.

It has 70 pieces.

http://www.jigidi.com/solve.php?id=WFEGVKX1

Obelixx:
Thanks TeeGee.  Another goody.

Tee Gee:
This 72 piece jigsaw is titled

Interplanetary Travel - A Flight of Fancy

This garden was designed and constructed by the current owners of Tatton Park, and has been designed to fit in with the parks theme for 2012 Flights of Fancy.

Previous owners of Tatton Park estate have travelled far and wide over the years to collect plants for the gardens.

So as a flight of fancy they have decided to use a 1930's style rocket ship to do just that.

The depiction is that of a rocketship that has crash landed on a distant planet, and the plant contents within the hold of the rocketship have spilled out onto the barren soil and produced a veritable floral oasis.

This garden won a Silver gilt medal.

http://www.jigidi.com/solve.php?id=C11QI4FL

daveyboi:
I like the misty effect behind where the nose of the spaceship has crashed. Is this a trick of the eye or something ?

Digeroo:
That is a great garden.  I love it.  All those greens and browns were difficult though.

I have to say the gardens at Tatton seem to be very imaginative, I think the Chelsea ones are very staid in comparison.

The present owners of Tatton Park are the National Trust, and I find it amazing they might have anything to do with such an amazing flight of fancy.  Though perhaps its ok if it is temporary and got rid of as soon as possible.  They are not usually known for innovation.  Tatton is administered by Cheshire East Council, so perhaps they had a hand in it. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version