Author Topic: Ready for tomorrow - can you tell ?  (Read 4054 times)

Bramley

• Not So New ...
Re: Sunny Tomorrow
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2005, 07:37:38 »
Me too (i.e. stupid, childish excitement).  Every morning I am getting up and running to whatever window sill to see what has germinated in the night.  ;D  The forecast for tomorrow is sunny altho I have probably jinxed that now.  :P  I nearly broke my back on Wednesday sorting out raised beds, but its easy work from now on, just sowing and planting.  8)

My mum thinks I'm crackers because I have a Word document with a big list of things sown and dates, growing conditions, time to germinate etc, etc. I told her at least I don't have 31 varieties of tomato... yet.  ;)  but there is plenty of time for all that in years to come. Tee-hee.
If your crackers Charlotte, then so am I. :)

Coming on here has made me sew far more around the house than ever done, just dreading all the potting up now and were to keep it all. I will have toms growing out of my ears, I only had 4 seedings before reading this forum. You lot, have a lot to answer for.

It's been a great week down the lottie, getting lots of seeds in and the peas are just popping up, got them nicely under fleece this year, to stop them mices eating them.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
Re: Ready for tomorrow - can you tell ?
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2005, 08:29:00 »
You are all making me wildly jealous, I am stuck at home with a tummy bug! :'(  :'(  :'(  (and the weather out there is GLORIOUS!
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2005, 08:50:41 »
Sorry to hear about your tum Doris - I am through sulking and have begged a lift to the lotty today.  I will not miss out for a second day.
Already have 2 half rows each of carrots and beetroot in and some early spuds we did last weekend.  The broad bean look like they have just been randomly thrown on the ground as the mice have indiscriminately pick out some here and there (why can't they systematically eat a whole row - not bits an pieces - I hate them meeces).  Today we will be prettying up the flower bit of the half plot and doing some other bits and bobs.
Get with the beat Baggy

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2005, 09:49:00 »
Was going to go to plot this morning to mooch about but it's raining quite hard at the mo (Derbyshire)  Hope it brightens up as I need to lay more black plastic  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

Apple Dumpling

• Half Acre
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2005, 11:35:13 »
I've just come back from a fabulous trip to Barcelona, where I've wanted to visit for ages. But all the time I was there I just kept thinking " Can't wait to get back to the lotty".  :D Mr Dumpling thinks I'm obsessed but other people just don't understand.
Who planted all these weeds?

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2005, 15:01:55 »
Well we are having gorgeous weather here in Herts and dug in some food in the borders, ready for the new arrivals. 

Can't wait for the seeds to germinate and the seedlings to grow larger !

:D ;D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

fred

• Not So New ...
  • I twart I taw a wunner bean
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2005, 19:58:42 »
Spent good Friday down the lottee ;D

Cool start which made digging bareable and glorious sun in late afternoon 8)

Planted 1st & 2nd potts, carrots, destroyed weeds and mulched

Wife actually allowed me to stay for the whole day :D

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2005, 21:31:39 »
I've just come back from a fabulous trip to Barcelona, where I've wanted to visit for ages. But all the time I was there I just kept thinking " Can't wait to get back to the lotty".  :D Mr Dumpling thinks I'm obsessed but other people just don't understand.

Glad you enjoyed your holiday in Spain, I don't think I would have thought too much of my lottie while out there, so maybe you are obsessed :o ;D a few more cerveza's or vino's rojo should have put your mind at rest ;D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2005, 21:53:33 »
I'm not ready for tomorrow.  I'm off from Derbyshire to Southampton to visit my son.  Not packed yet.  Well, that's to say I've not put the corkscrew in my handbag  ;D

Taking the dog with us which should be an experience (probably one which should be missed)  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal