General > Computers / Internet

Computer woes

<< < (3/3)

daveyboi:
Glad you have resolved the issue.. the multi finger part is designed for pinching to enlarge images etc., mainly on phones and tablets. I suppose this is the penalty of having a cross device operating system and also one that is now fully enabled for touch screen use.

I expect in a few years time we will be cursing the latest changes to windows 10 just like we went through from 98 to xp ... then when windows 7 came along we missed the xp features.

Digeroo:
It may be nice for playing with pics, but for typing it is a nightmare.  But it is quite difficult to change and maybe if I am doing things with pictures I may want it back.   Basically it needs to switch off automatically if you start typing. 

I was going to take the computer back tomorrow, I thought it had a bug.

Interestingly there does not seem to be anything on the web about it. 

daveyboi:
I have just found a very interesting article is available here

http://www.howtogeek.com/223404/how-to-stop-accidental-trackpad-clicks-in-windows-10-and-other-mouse-enhancements/

Digeroo:
My daughter says if you double tap the left hand corner it disables the mouse pad.  But I cannot get it to work.  But I use the mouse while typing for changes so that would not be much help.

Lastest thing Google refuses to let me do searches unless I agree to its privacy policy.  Never been asked to do this before.   No contact email address to voice my concerns.  Google no longer works. Goodbye Google.   Nice knowing you.  Hello Yahoo.   Or can anyone recommend a different search engine.

I will have to inwardly digest the article thanks for the link.

Digeroo:
I am really concerned that I am no longer in control of my computer it is totally trying to be in control of me. Or someone in some office somewhere in the USA is trying to control me.  I feel very threatened by it.  I have been using computers for 45 years,  I am reasonably computer literate and suddenly I feel threatened.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version