Author Topic: second hand garden shed: what Price?  (Read 2598 times)

Kevins299

• Not So New ...
  • live life to the full.......
second hand garden shed: what Price?
« on: March 24, 2005, 06:56:55 »
we have taken over an allotment. on it is a garden shed thats been there for 2 possibly 3 years. it appears in good condition besides looking weather beaten and in need of a good repaint/varnish. the previous owner wants £150.00 for it :P! (paid £225 for it new). I cant afford that at present. I am not sure if thats a reasonable price or she is trying to take advantage ??? another person got a similar shed and a green house for £70 on taking over an allotment and the chair lady suggests no more than £50 for it? help on making a fair offer.

chrispea27

• Acre
Re: second hand garden shed: what Price?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 07:01:05 »
 :D £50 would seem a fair price to me!
Chris Pea

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 08:40:42 »
I'd go to £70 as you do want it don't you , and it would save the hassle of it being taken down and putting another one up.  You'd probably pay £50 for it if it was elsewhere and you had to fetch it, possibly in a lorry or trailer.  So £20 has to be worth the hassle doesn't  :)   And also if the person selling the shed doesn't have to shift it they may leave some treasures behind.

I came, I saw, I composted

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 09:15:40 »
I'd agree £70 and barter upwards if it looks anything like this...http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/product/product.jsp?CATID=8050101&entryFlag=false&PRODID=7020041&paintCatId=  and if that fails call his bluff as he will have maybe more hassle selling it from your plot (entry/access?) plus remind him that you have another option of a shed and will require it be removed within a week :o Ooh! aren't I cruel :o

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 10:00:58 »
Two allotments have recently been sold on our site, one for £120 and one for £150. When I say the allotments have been sold, what really happens is that the buildings are sold. Both plots had sheds and several greenhouses, so I'd say £50-£70 is fair for one shed. As Kevin said, call his bluff.

NattyEm

• Acre
    • Em and Lous Lottie
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 10:17:49 »
Focus (I think) had brand new sheds (not sure what size) for £70.

I would also call her bluff.  Say if she won't take £70 for it, then you have another one lined up and you need it removed within a week.

Kevins299

• Not So New ...
  • live life to the full.......
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 20:54:31 »
thanks for that general consensus at £50-70 depending on the situation. I do have an old shed that I want to move over from a small allotement piece I had. she actually has until 1 april to move as tht is when her lease on the allotment is over  and I offically rent it.  our rent is £14 per Rod. so i will call her bluf and see what happens.

what are my rights if she has not moved it by 1 april...can i claim it as abandoned?? ::) (butter would not melt in his mouth!).....

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 21:43:21 »
Tell her she's an April fool ;D and that you will take the shed as part payment of the money she owes for occupying the valuable space on your lottie 8)

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2005, 08:57:42 »
I got my shed (quite old though) for free and a greenhouse (minus some glass) for £15. The owner didn't want the hassle of moving them. Do you pay £14 per rod! Our rent is £3 per rod.
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2005, 09:48:09 »
what's a rod ?  Our rent is 31.50 for 250 sq metres.  I get it half price coz I'm reg disabled.
Get with the beat Baggy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal