Author Topic: Ambulance chasers  (Read 5051 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Ambulance chasers
« on: October 21, 2015, 16:37:01 »
Somebody pulled out from their drive yesterday and totalled my motor. Got on to the insurers and got things moving. Now I keep getting phone calls from solicitors telling me I need to claim against injuries, I did not get any,  seatbelts did their job. 'You know you can get a couple of thousand for a small bruise' I am told. No wonder premiums are always going up. Shame really I liked that car, but it looks like it's a write off. I use a dash cam so there will be no contesting who's fault it was, but I did feel sorry for the lady who was really shook up.  She just had a momentary lack of attention and bang.

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
Re: Ambulance chasers
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 19:11:22 »
Glad that you're OK, Ace.  Sorry to hear about the car, but at least with the insurance money you'll be able to fulfil that lifetime ambition to own a Micra.  :sunny:

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 22:45:11 »
That must have been some bang - glad you are ok.  That's the main thing, the rest is just inconvenient and a hassle.   :wave:

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 23:05:08 »
Glad that you're OK, Ace.  Sorry to hear about the car, but at least with the insurance money you'll be able to fulfil that lifetime ambition to own a Micra.  :sunny:

Not funny, I had to drive her titchy thing yesterday. So embarrassing, I put on a big hat and used the back roads. It was sad to see mine being dragged up the ramp onto the transporter today. I'm glad I only keep the Harley chop in the garage nowadays. I've had too many mates end their lives too early, because of somebodies lack of attention. Still, 3 motors to look at this weekend, all 4x4 gas guzzlers, a Nissan Navara, Ford Thunder or a strange 4x4 diesel Jag estate. All good motors for carting dung, tools, dogs etc.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 23:31:28 »
Glad your ok !!!

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 08:19:51 »
Glad you are ok mate.  Now is the time to invest in a nice push bike.  You can pick up a Pinarello Dogma for just under £10 large! 

Whenever there is an accident the ambulance chasers are not far behind unfortunately.  Some dolt in a car drove straight in front of me and I went over the bars in an attempt to stop.  Thought I was OK so after a rant we went our separate ways (she was in state - freaking out!).  I had actually broken a rib or two but didn't realise it.  So many people assumed I would go for some compo but it never occurred to me at the time and even later I still thought it was a dumb idea..
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 13:08:16 »
..... Still, 3 motors to look at this weekend, all 4x4 gas guzzlers, a Nissan Navara, Ford Thunder or a strange 4x4 diesel Jag estate. All good motors for carting dung, tools, dogs etc.

Oh yes, proper job!  Funnily enough we've been toying with the idea of a Nissan Pathfinder.  I miss my Land Rover now that we've downsized.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 13:25:39 »
some one reversed into my car in town 2 years ago we were all standing on the pavement and watched the guy do it im STILL getting calls was i hurt did i take a painkiller when i got home all in all the companies should be shut down  rant over glad your ok ace
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 15:30:50 »
Glad you are ok mate.  Now is the time to invest in a nice push bike.  You can pick up a Pinarello Dogma for just under £10 large! 

I'll take two please. Must be barmy to pay that out for a tread iron.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2015, 16:54:57 »
Glad you're OK and still have your sense of humour intact.   Hope the perpetrator is OK too and learns to be more careful.

Enjoy shopping for a new vehicle.   Those bikes are amazing!  Who would pay that for pedal power?
Obxx - Vendée France

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2015, 20:06:38 »
Hope the offending miscreant has now recovered from the lambasting should have received from you. Surely this should be a considered choice.:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Hot-selling-250cc-motor-scooter-trikes_60349153610.html?spm=a2700.7724857.29.19.TQSe2r&s=p
All the joys of a bike, practical for the lottie, and group transport for sweeping up the Morris after an enthusiastic "practice night"!
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2015, 10:51:51 »
I am pleased that you are all right ACE.  It must have been a bad crash for your car to be a write off.  I hope you find a suitable new car soon.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal