Author Topic: Excited  (Read 9574 times)

Vinlander

• Hectare
  • North London - heavy but fertile clay
Re: Excited
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2015, 17:37:38 »
I prefer this method: (You could use bottomless buckets)

I use a similar method with rings made by stitching together (with wire) the sides of 2 x green 2L bottles (fizzy water - I reserve the clear equivalent for cloches).

I use the open space between them to grow strawberries - they can't climb the 'towers' and they keep the weeds down too.

Cheers.
With a microholding you always get too much or bugger-all. (I'm fed up calling it an allotment garden - it just encourages the tidy-police).

The simple/complex split is more & more important: Simple fertilisers Poor, complex ones Good. Simple (old) poisons predictable, others (new) the opposite.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2015, 21:35:19 »
Planning permission granted despite my neighbours complaint and now its scheduled to be put up by fitter on friday 8th Jan :)

I have ordered these greenhouse grow beds from marshals http://www.marshalls-seeds.co.uk/greenhouse-gro-beds-x3-pid4289.html?gclid=CjwKEAiA2IO0BRDXmLndksSB0WgSJADNKqqoH-8ivUt1kMaX2tCbqYpwdHKp6ZXp19neHBvyWF56YhoC0ADw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds and once planted up i will cover them in weed membrane and plant through them. I have ordered 2 packs of 3 which i believe will still lave me space for other stuff :) And i can look at the bottomless bucket idea using 12" pipe cut to 1ft lengths :)

I think this will mean i don't need the pea gravel as i am going to hook them up to a drip feed system from a water butt.

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2015, 22:31:02 »
Yippeeeee.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2015, 22:58:22 »
yep 

Hubbie has bought me a portable speaker to take to the greenhouse with me (10 hours charge) hehe Just need to find a comfy chair for in there :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal