Author Topic: bbc filming on one of our Allotments  (Read 4484 times)

Nora42

• Acre
bbc filming on one of our Allotments
« on: September 23, 2015, 18:12:33 »
I was contacted today by a member of the This Week team at the BBC.
they maybe want to film on one of our sites - they will confirm in the morning.
Apparently they are doing a piece on JC and him being an allotmenteer.
not sure why they can't film on his patch.
if they decide they do want to film here is it an outrage if I ask they to make a small contribution to our organisation? I was thinking of inviting them to  pay the rent for the school.

Answers on a postcard please.
Nora
Norf London

rokerman1973

• Quarter Acre
Re: bbc filming on one of our Allotments
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 18:25:45 »
Probably because it is a mess.

Bill Door

• Acre
  • Calne Wilts The builders put down clayish soil
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 19:23:47 »
I would tell them to take a hike.

The problem is you have no idea what they are going to say or try to demonstrate.  It is the sort of thing that the owners of the land and the plotholders should be asked about and agree on.

Bill

bluecar

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 19:30:06 »
Hello Nora.

Possibly best for a contribution to reduce all rents rather than a plot you have an interest in. Just thinking what some of your other plot holders may say. If you can get a contribution to the site then you could then suggest that the school plot be paid for.

Regards

Bluecar

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 20:14:35 »
I'm basically with Bill

Ask them for a copy of the script and subject to the contents of this take it from there.

If it has a political bias refuse them and tell them that they like JC use there allotments to get away from the rat race.

If you do go ahead with it, ask them for a charitable donation rather than putting out the begging bowl.

If this bears fruit give it to the school project mentioned.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 08:12:08 »
I'd certainly ask for a location fee but there are other things to consider.  I once was part of a commercial photo shoot on my site and we got a handsome location fee for the day but what I didn't consider when we asked permission from the committee was the amount of people.  One main photographer, two assistants and a gaffer, one stylist, one make up and hair lady, the exec in charge of the ad campaign, two people from the company itself and a Winnebago with driver.  They were actually fantastic and very respectful but it did cause issues as they got bored (an 8 hour shoot) and wondered around a bit and some of our older members weren't too happy they hadn't been informed (we did put up notices). Plus we were worried about our insurance covering an accident but they assured me they had their own. 

My day was great and photographer et al were all really nice but if you do go ahead make sure you know what you are letting yourself in for in terms of time and the amount of people involved.

The pictures turned out well too but I was amazed at the time and effort it took for one pic - 8 hours and 10 people for one photograph.

Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Nora42

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 17:57:25 »
Thanks for all your comments I got a call this morning from the location scout all very excited and wanting to go ahead until I mentioned the subject of a Location fee, you may like to know that my other half until recently was the filming and event officer at the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and he told me exactly what to ask for. She was going to call me back but didn't but did send an email saying they had found somewhere to film in JC's constituency so that's for all my help.
Am I bothered? not much.
it would have been a can of worms as you have all said so I shall just think of it as a lucky escape.

My only regret not getting to meet Pauline Black ( the Selector)

Nora
Norf London

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 19:49:57 »

My only regret not getting to meet Pauline Black ( the Selector)

Nora

Loved that band and she was fantastic!
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Nora42

• Acre
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 19:11:31 »
We had our allotment Harvest supper on Saturday and I relayed the tale of the BBC. on the North side of our Suburb are Finchley Allotments and that is where JC has his plot. we had two guests at the party from there. They said the BBC did film and when questioned as to what they were doing (by the site chair) they said they has permission to do so from the chair  I think he informed them who he was and they did pay a location fee. Says it all really.
Nora.
Norf London

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal