Author Topic: Recommendations Please  (Read 5050 times)

Susiebelle

• Hectare
Recommendations Please
« on: January 12, 2016, 16:00:24 »
Hello, not sure whether I am posting in the most appropriate place but here goes.

Need to replace my Hozelock Pressure Sprayer - use it for weeds on my paths at Lottie .  On researching it appears that the current model is not well received for various reasons.  So I am hoping some one out there is using a current 'other' brand model  that they are happy to recommend.

Would appreciate any support offered on this subject.

Many thanks - Susan

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
Re: Recommendations Please
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 16:56:06 »
ive 4 pressure sprayers for different things some cheap some expensive personally i cant tell the difference they all clog  up from time to time so i think you pay your money and you take your choice
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 19:50:20 »
If your sole need for an applicator is to spray weeds on your allotment path, I suggest you save the capital cost and buy the cheapest watercan with a "weedol" bar. Paint a "skull & crossbones " on it and only use it for the job. Depending on whether you aspire to lawn perfect paths or prefer the scorched earth look, buy a dilutable product accordingly. Not only will you save the investment but you also reduced the chance of spray drift killing your plants, or those of your neighbour. Personally I limit to rotary mowing and let the little speedwell types flower. Many of my erstwhile allotment colleagues would have been content to see the elephants grazing on their wildernesses!
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 00:07:28 »
Not sure what is wrong with your current sprayer, but I found a replacement wand and spray head cheaply on Amazon......it got my old one working!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Susiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 18:55:26 »
Many thanks for your thoughts on this issue.

I did try to get replacement parts, obviously on wrong sites as the cost with postage just wasn't worth it and unfortunately the sprayer has been confined to the bin.  The paths I refer to are gravel and in the past I have hand weed as they are mainly annuals but last year they got the better of me and the couch (sp) grass managed to get in from the main paths I had to lift raspberries to enable me to clear the bed and certainly don't want that again so I will succumb to weed killer this year - I will investigate 'weedol' spray head I already have the can with 'skull & crossbones' but just used a rose head and found it very wasteful.

Many thanks again

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 20:09:43 »

Susiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 23:24:06 »
looks pretty good to me - even better without that dratted postage !

Many thanks - your a star  :icon_cheers:

Susan

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 16:50:08 »
just bought a 2litre top pump action sprayer from poundland it works a treat and yes it was 1pound

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 20:20:24 »
At that price I'm in, for two! One for nasties and, bored out a little in the nozzle, one for
bl***y cats.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 21:16:39 »
At that price I'm in, for two! One for nasties and, bored out a little in the nozzle, one for
bl***y cats.
i feel your pain

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal