Produce > Chillies Ahoy

non-ripening tomatoes

(1/5) > >>

peanuts:
Two of my 'cherry plum' tomato plants, (from saved seed, unknown variety), are absolutely laden but are simply not ripening.  Whereas  three others from the same saved seed are ripening normally.  Perhaps that is the risk of saving seed, and that the offspring aren't all the same, if from a hybrid.  They were a small plum tomato that I liked.  last year much the same thing happened, and I   decided I wouldn't use that seed again.  But I was tempted this  year to try again, as they produce such a good crop.

Digeroo:
Suggest you hang a banana in the plant.   

bionear2:
Try a few in a paper bag with a ripe banana

peanuts:
Yes I could pick some and bring them indoors, plus banana help.  But I prefer to leave them to ripen on the plant if poss.  As least the next two weeks are supposed to be hot and sunny, so they might wake up.  I just find it bizarre that they are next to three others   from the same seed source, that ripen on the bush.  Having said that, the actual ripe tomatoes don't soften in any way, they stay hard.  I use them mainly for making soup and sauces as they are so prolific.

galina:

--- Quote from: Peanuts on August 25, 2015, 07:16:10 --- I use them mainly for making soup and sauces as they are so prolific.

--- End quote ---

They are certainly prolific!  have just seen the photo - the plants are dripping with green tomatoes!

Hope they turn red in the next two weeks.   :wave: 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version